What is your favourite thing to do (no electronics)

If you want to talk about random things, this is the place, enjoy!
Dergle

Re: What is your favourite thing to do (no electronics)

Post by Dergle »

What can i say :lol: I was raised in a coffee loving family. Brought up to be a true coffee lover/snob.
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

COFFEE? I LOOOVE coffee! EXCEPT I DON'T. GRRRRRR!
And that's what I think about *cough*,eh?
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Energy Drink.

Monster.
I love bicycling.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

I recreated the whole City 17 in 1:1 scale, including all the canals, wastelands, the Citadel and the underground.

That's because when my mom says I'm not allowed to play [Half-Life 2] on the computer for today, I go outside and recreate the whole Half-Life 2 story. I've even hired people to act as Citizens, Rebels, Refugees Alyx, Kleiner, Father Grigori, Breen, Mossmann, Eli, G-Man, Zombies (regular, fast and poison) Civil Protection units and Combines. Thanks to robots, I'm able to have Manhacks, City Scanners, Striders, Advisors, headcrabs, APC vehicles, Vortigaunts, Dog, Gunships, Dropships, helicopters, Barnacles, rollermines and birds because using real birds would be mean. In short: Every Half-Life 2 character.

The Citadel has become a monument in Norway, and Half-Life fans from all over the world come to visit. It costs at least $99 per person to enter though, as it cost me 37,2 billion dollars to build it, and it uses about 4,9 KW/h in power because of all the monitors, lamps, forcefields, effects and robots. This $99-ticket, however, is just free-roaming around in all of the areas, with some Combines, APC vehicles, Zombies, Civil Protection units and Citizens to fill up the "emptyness". For $799, you can get the full Half-Life 2 experience (not the episodes, yet) as Gordon Freeman himself. Everything is planned, and everyone communicates trough voice chat (Intercom) to give a fluent experience to the visitor. The visitor signs a contract that he/she will not exploit or "glitch" the system (i.e walk out of the 'map' or do anything you can't do in the game, well huge things, not minor) and that we (me and the crew) are not responsible for any damage caused to the visitor. Guns are all just 'blacks', but we also use IR sensors to monitor shots fired at the 'player', and this person will see a Heads Up Display (HUD) with health, suit power and ammo.

If the player dies, he/she will be brought to the last 'save', either autosave or if the player choose to save. This is convenient if the player is tired, needs food or water or just want a break in general. The player can then return to the exact position and resume.

I am currently working on both Episode 1 and Episode 2, where Episode 1 will get a 'new' destroyed City 17, so when you finish Half-Life 2, you get transferred with helicopter to the start location of Episode 1. Also, Episode 2 will need the White Forest, which I will start working on after Episode 1 is finished. Come and visit some time, free Half-Life 2 experiences to every FADW member, including free-roam/tour before or afterwards! (You decide) You can also get 'behind the scenes' and visit the control room which monitors everything.

Oh, darn, it said "no electronics"..

Well, I eat, sleep and stuff, I guess...
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Sleep, eat, breath, pump blood, walk, talk, Nerf Guns, Water Guns, Pool, (Countless amount of Nerf Guns and Water Guns, so much fun, :P)
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

TheOnlyShare wrote:Sleep, eat, breath, pump blood, walk, talk, Nerf Guns, Water Guns, Pool, (Countless amount of Nerf Guns and Water Guns, so much fun, :P)
Talk? Who's got time to talk? D:

And by the way, here's an early build of the Trainstation in City 17.

;)
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

Hang out with Friends and jam with friends! :D
Coiner10
FADW Moderator

Post by Coiner10 »

Archery, bird watching, and piano.
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

Coiner10 wrote:Archery, bird watching, and piano.
Teach me the ways of your patience!