client timing out

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
sniper101

Re: client timing out

Post by sniper101 »

Alex wrote:What I don't get though, is that in the logs it says that it was a "Disconnect by user". The client doesn't seem to time out for the server, it's like Garry's Mod is forcing the client to disconnect.

Sounds like Gary Mod has an attitude. lol just had to point that out
I love bicycling.
HolyHandGrenade

Post by HolyHandGrenade »

sniper101 wrote:Okay so 6/25/13

FADW server is timing out on me but here's the catch only some people are timed out and sometime the whole server is timed out. I hope It's just me but today ( 6/25/13 ) I was timed out 3-4 times already.

It's randomly timing out me and making me miss all the rounds of TTT

T_T

EDIT: Timed out now more than 5 times

5<X
To fix this right click Garrys Mod or any game that has client timed out errors, click properties at the bottom go to the local files tab then click verify integrity of game cache.

You might know me as Krieg.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Steam Authentication has nothing to do with game files, you would be kicked out before even properly joining the server. Now you're timing out due to Steam Authentication not properly working.

This is on Valve's side, not on our FADW-side.

More people are having this issue: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php ... p=41287135
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Wait a second is it still timeout for GMOD players 7/3/13?

because it was working fine before and now i'm timeout what's going on!?
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I was looking at the console today (July 3rd), and people were timing out back and forth with the SAME, EXACT, FAILURE CODE. Number 5.

I have read multiple forum posts about this, the one I posted earlier is one of them. So, we'll just have to wait until Valve manages to fix their authentication servers.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Oh the glory of connection errors. I remember getting VAC authentication errors all the time. It dissapeared after some updates though.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Reopening Topic

Reason People are timeing out once again but this time more frequently and more ppl are >:(
7/9/13

Anyhelp is it us or the game once again?
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I'll check the logs and update this reply when I've checked for timeouts.

EDIT:
Time out reasons: Failure code 5&6.
Explanation: The failure code are both on Valve/Steam's side. Their servers are the ones failing, not ours (basically the clients, you as players, lose connection to the Steam servers. This is happening on a big scale, which means that it's Valve fault, not the clients or FADW's fault). It seems to have happened a lot lately (not to only us), so I assume they're working on fixing it, or it might be some maintenance of their servers that messed it up.

TL;DR. Valve failed, not us. Nothing we can do about it.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!