Story - The Clean Up

If you want to talk about random things, this is the place, enjoy!
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Story - The Clean Up

Post by Nerd »

I wrote this story for school :o ! The topic was "Now and Then" where we had to write what was happening now... and then how it happened.. so paragraph 1 is now.. 2 is then..

The party had been amazing and so much fun! Now dirty dishes, chip packets and the odd lonely Doctor Pepper can were scattered across the cracked, dark patterned tiles of the newly wrecked living room. The wooden chairs were smashed against the broken, holey walls, one piece sticking out the remains of what was a window. Couches were overturned, lamps had shattered and smashed and the house depicted a scene from that of a post apocalyptic movie. All I could do was stare, stare at the mess that me and my classmates had made, wondering how I would be able to clean it up. I contemplated phoning Uncle Andy, my only living relative, the man whom this house belonged to. Deciding not to phone Uncle Andy, I attempted to clean up the dark stains that the spilled Doctor Pepper had left, scarring the faded white carpet of the lounge. After ten minutes of scrubbing the stains, the black Doctor Pepper color faded away to a moldy gray. It suddenly struck me, I had been so distressed and caught up worrying about the mess that was strewn over the house, that I hadn't even considered checking the time. As I read the shattered analogue clock in the kitchen, I became engulfed in a growing coldness, my hopes of hiding all evidence of this party sinking. It was 12:27 P.M. Wasn't Uncle Andy meant to be arriving back from his business trip at 12:30? A whirring sound hummed in the background. It was Uncle Andy.

It was a typical Saturday night in Boston, Massachusetts; playing on the PC while drinking can after can of Doctor Pepper. Uncle Andy was out on a business trip, as usual, but something was different. I checked my computerized clock on the side of the bright computer screen: It was party night.
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Story - The Clean Up

Post by Alex »

Vereh nice Nerdy! :P
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!