Game reviews!

Have any other hobbies that don't fit any other forums and you want to talk about it? Post here!

Once there is enough of one hobby, There will be a seperate section made just for that.

This is also for the topics that have no place in the general community section.
Kyuenmaru

Game reviews!

Post by Kyuenmaru »

I find these a lot of fun, and I am interested in hearing peoples opinions. If anyone would take the time to write, it would be fantastic.

To avoid messy posts, please base it off the template with scores from 1-10:

Game title
(Don't rate this 1-10)

General information
(Release date, platform(s), developer/publisher, genre, etc.)

Gameplay
(General feel and controls, amount of glitches, balancing, etc.)

Level/World design
(Were you unsure on what direction to take on certain levels, positive/negative suprises, unneccesary long roads, space issues, general world design, etc.)

Graphics
(Before you say graphics don't matter, I will say they do, to a point. That is not how high the resolution is, or how old the game looks. If you like the graphic style, that's what you should focus on. Take cliché Minecraft original textures for example. They aren't very advanced, but it looks great! .. imo.)

Sound
(Music, sound effects, etc.)

Final decision
(Here you give the overall rating. It doesn't have to be an average on all of the partial ratings, you decide what is more important, and give your overall rating. You can also add details that won't fit under any other paragraph here.

If there is something else you want to add to the template, that you feel is important, go ahead.
Last edited by Kyuenmaru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Soul
FADW Admin

Re: Game reviews!

Post by Soul »

Something to add: "Game title:" :D
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Haha, I usually write posts really late.. Thanks.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Game: Payday: The heist

Gameplay
Plays really nicely, virtually no bugs. All of the weapons are super balanced.

Level/World design
All of the maps(or heists) are super well made, and very detailed.

Graphics
Not crysis 3, but they look pretty good. they fit the game well.

Sound
good bg music, along with some pretty cool sounds, and even sound from the fbi agents/swats communicating.

Final decision
9.5/10 VERY fun game. If you dont know what it is you are basically a robber going on various heists. It's pretty cool to be the bad guy.
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

How about a genre and description category, since people may want to buy the game after hearing why you guys like it (or dislike it).
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Agreed
myras
FADW Moderator

Post by myras »

Game:Cave Story

Gameplay: Some the tightest controls have ever seen. Weapons very helping in different combat situations and suit multiple styles of play each have advantages and disadvantages.

Level/World design: Areas are diverse and do not get stale. they will have you utilize inventory in order to suppress obstacles. This is the first time in a while that I've seen a game use the level to teach you how to use a item instead of an boring extensive tutorial or loads of text. This is a Metroidvania game after all ( Metroidvania is the combination of Metroid and Castlevania that's meaning the game borrow from these kind of style of play in case you were unaware of the term) so there is a set of exploration and back tracking but no fear if this isn't your kind of thing most of the games does not strictly require these elements but for those of you that like these elements it is rewarding and satisfying

Graphics: First I would like to give you a little interpretation of what I think about graphics graphics are supposed to fit the game you are playing where you might want those studying visuals in a game like Crysis 3 or battlefield you want the graphical style which lens to the atmosphere for the game seaming that this game runs with concepts from both the 8 bit and 16 bit era it only lens more to the atmosphere the game should share graphics with those games as well

Sound:As a previously stated a lot of what makes this game is the atmosphere and adding to it is a beautiful soundtrack. which I cannot stop myself from listening to. Not only that but the themes of the areas fit perfectly. I mean it's sort of scary it can literally make you feel emotion you're supposed to be feeling while listening. absolute genius

Story:I felt a category for this was absolutely necessary with this game other game not so much but this I feel so. How to get to brief summary without spoiling anything when you start the game your greedy to a little cutscene before you get to the main menu. it shows a mysterious man sitting next to a crown. at this point you know absolutely nothing of the man the crown or the room he stands in. startup the game and your greeted with another small cutscene of somebody tried to get in contact with their sister. then you find yourself in a small room somewhere Underground. you can easily play through this game once, no i know you will play through this game once beat it remember everything that was told to you and you still not know how what's going on . after beating the game the first time the ending is satisfied but it still leave some stuff to be thought about. Play through it again and forget some of your common sense during one part then you might understand what's going on. ;)

Final decision:10/10 one my all time favorites and one of the best games I've ever played. oh and one more thing it was made by one dude.

this was myras, good day good night and good game. see you around
caboosh

Post by caboosh »

Game: Fallout 3

Genre: action, RPG

Description
You play as the lone wanderer someone who leaves the vault which was the only thing protecting you from the horrors of the wasteland to find your dad who left for no explained reason and makes you go on a wild goose chase too find him. Will you find him? Will the wasteland break you? Pick up the game and find out.

Gameplay
Very smooth and vats just makes the game much better and adds a new feature to just the regular shooter. The guns are very fun to play around with, some of the guns can even turn your enemies into a pile of goo. All the quests are very fun to do. The people found in the game really suit the game quite nicely the raiders are all just crazy which is what you would expect the super mutants are pretty big and in some cases have scared me. Also they add problems that happen in everyday life such as racism, there are ghouls in the game which are pretty much just humans but have been exposed to too much radiation and have been horribly disfigured, and many people won't allow them in to their establishments or just plain hate too the point of killing them for no apparent reason. There was also slavery in the game but it wasn't based on races if a slaver found you either you became a slave or died. The game lasts for over 24 hours including quests dlc and collectibles so it's something that will keep you busy for a couple of games Overall gameplay is phenomenal

Level/World design
Beautifully made for a post apocalyptic game just seeing everything in the outside either destroyed or on the brink of being destroyed. Man made forts that were built out of pretty much out of anything they could find. what I found amazing was the way they showed National monuments destroyed like Lincoln head from the Lincoln memorial was gone. The world is also very big which is normal for Bestheda games.

Graphics
I think their pretty good for it's time

Glitches/bugs
In most games glitches can make a game terrible but most of the glitches in this game make the game more enjoyable, but some glitches in the game are annoying.

Sound
The music in this game is phenomenal. whenever you wanted to you could just open your pip boy and listen to some great old time song that just get stuck in your head and you don't want them out.

Final decision
10/10 if you've never played this game and are a fan of skyrim or fallout: New Vegas and RPG's in general you need to pick up this game The best game I have ever played
caboosh

Post by caboosh »

Also depending on the game you could add Characters
HomeBrew

Post by HomeBrew »

I am gonna have so much fun on this thread. TIME TO WRITE.
KAKATTE KOI