Ban inquiry.

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
Bang Bang

Ban inquiry.

Post by Bang Bang »

It was brought to my attention that over a week ago I was banned from the FADW TTT server for rdm and leave. The ban expired so I returned to the server to see a few familiar faces and continued playing as usual. Now unfortunately as I attempt to reconnect I am informed that I am once again banned. My only idea for the cause of this ban would have to be from last night.

Regarding last night. Upon my return to the server I was playing on ttt_crummycradle with a select number of players as well as admin/mod. (Phawks, Markus, and Soul were the admin on at the time) Now Ive had the pleasure of playing with phawks and Markus before, as well as a number of other admin/mods such as "welcome" and Boris. Its a pretty fun server so I chose to join in and play on my off time over the past few weeks. Now people who have played with me in the past know of my Alias ingame as well as my "battle cry" if you will. A short, 2 second quote of "BANG BANG" while im in a gunfight or running around. I was first informed by this (i can only assume) new moderator named Soul, whom I've never played with, that I was annoying him with my random bang bangs. Now I can understand if someone subjectively feels that someone or something is obnoxious or stupid. We all have our own opinions, so i informed him that it is possible to personally mute a player you find loud or what have you. But here is the problem I have. I was never warned of a possible gag, nor was I informed that I was spamming until after I was randomly gagged. Upon the victory of a T round I was gagged as soon as the game-over menu popped up. I was then informed that I had been continuously spamming and had been warned plenty of times prior to that.

NOW LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR~
I did not take the time to make a forum account as well as a long complaint post simply because the moderator "Soul" Gagged me. I could really care less if someone says im annoying and gags me on Garys mod.

The issue Im trying to point out is this.

If what Soul was saying is true during our debate over the rules, then why has no other active admin or moderator spoken up before. Heck, Ive heard Boris and Markus as well as plenty of other regulars spout out "BANG BANG" in game too. So are they spamming as well? Are they not doing their job correctly by not reprimanding me for "spamming" on the mic. I also find it hard to "mic spam" on a server with a tight Mic limit. Its a short,quick, little joke Ive conjured up to add some humor to my game play. And now not only do I feel this entitled moderator is going to deter me from playing on FADW servers, I attempted to reach out verbally to the server owner "Deth" if I remember correctly. I requested a moment of his time in order to discuss what I felt was an act that discourages a fun and friendly atmosphere for the players, to which I was informed once I was finished speaking, that I had been ignored. I felt this was a bit childish, knowing that I had requested a moment of his time, only to be completely tuned out due to the preconceived notion that his moderators are automatically correct no matter the circumstance, and that any opposition is just a troll. Im fully aware that trying to maintain a "Family Friendly" server on a public video game is easily baited for trolls, Ive tried to become friendly enough with the community to avoid the misconception that I myself am a troll, but sadly it seems certain moderators and admin have made up their mind already. But I digress, Im writing this to hopefully find out two things, A.why I have been banned this second time. and B. I would hope someone of authority could address this issue I've expressed, or possibly show me my own error in misinterpreting the definition of "spamming" on the mic.

Thank you and Bang Bang.
Markusmoo
Banned

Re: Ban inquiry.

Post by Markusmoo »

Heck, Ive heard Boris and Markus as well as plenty of other regulars spout out "BANG BANG" in game too.
Alright, so just to make things clear... I have not once spouted out "Bang Bang" onto the mic. I'm not to sure about Boris as I don't remember playing TTT with you and Boris at the same time but Boris can own up to his own actions anyways. However, I can confirm that many regulars do mimic you saying "Bang Bang" regardless of you being online or offline.

Now yesterday was very stressful on the Moderators, Admins, ext. from the whole "SyKoS Invasion" as well as a number of RDM'ers/Trolls. I'm not exactly too sure when you came online the server but when you were gagged we were in somewhat of a "cooldown" period of what just happened. We were all quite stressed out and we didn't really want to hear people yelling "Bang Bang" constantly into the microphone.

I am not speaking on behalf of FADW, just purely from my perspective of view.
Thank you for posting this here.

-Markus
Bang Bang

Post by Bang Bang »

Well perhaps i was mistaken about you specificly saying my catchphrase but nevertheless. According to Soul, you and every other mod/admin have been in the wrong for letting this spam go on for so long. And like i stated before, Im fully aware you guys are over-run with trolls all the time for the type of server you guys try to maintain. Yet, I feel if Soul had been alittle less overzealous with trying to squash all the trolls, He would have realized Im as harmless as any other regular player on there. I feel, with him first going out of his way to tell me I was "annoying him" and THEN trying to mask that with him defending the objective rules of the server as a way to gag me because he had a problem with it, is pretty poor if you ask me.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

I will talk to soul, he went a little too far.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Bang Bang

Post by Bang Bang »

Its understandable that he thought i was a troll. I just wish he would have discussed it with me instead of what happened. Nonetheless, Im still curious as to why I am banned from the server O:
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Investigating.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Bang Bang

Post by Bang Bang »

Still banned without knowing the reason =\.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

From what I'm hearing, it was defintally mic spam, I will unban you tommorow when I get home.
Bang Bang

Post by Bang Bang »

Im still banned from your server.
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

What is your STEAM_ID?
A-Walrurus by any other name...