Cracked Minecraft.

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
SurfinRainbow

Cracked Minecraft.

Post by SurfinRainbow »

When people want to get Minecraft, the first thing they usually search is: "How to get Minecraft for free".

Just buy Minecraft.

I hope I can do something useful for you or something. Message me! =D
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Cracked Minecraft.

Post by Alex »

Not everyone are able to actually pay for Minecraft, due to several reasons. And why does it even bother you? Even Notch himself has stated that if you're not able to buy Minecraft right now, then you can pirate it, and buy it whenever you're able to (he's basically rich from the game anyways). The players that have cracked clients won't be able to play multiplayer properly either, which is a downside for them.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

The majority of pirates who have a computer and internet aren't in a situation where they are to poor to support a product they want, and those that are need to learn that they can't have every luxury expense they would like to have. If you aren't willing to pay for a product then you aren't allowed to walk away with it. One of the most common excuses (and I speak from past experience as an X-pirate who used to think this to convince myself what I was doing wasn't wrong) is that it's alright to pirate the game as long as you're just testing the game and you are going to buy it if it pleases you. Whenever someone has this mindset it becomes incredibly easy to nitpick a game for flaws because you don't want to feel obligated to spend money on something you already have access to. The majority of pirates are NOT people who feel wronged by past experiences with gaming and use pirating as a way to pre-test a game, the majority of pirates are young adults without a disposable income, or very little disposable income aging between 16-21. These people are not in an economic crisis where they are so poor they need to resort to internet theft for their own pleasure.
http://library.thinkquest.org/07aug/01501/
http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol11/issue1/larose.html
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Kirito

Post by Kirito »

I did what arurus just stated:
1. Pirate MC
2. Play around with it
3. Enjoyed it
4. Bought it
"Life isn’t so bad. It’s not so bad."
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I did that myself. Started playing in Alpha, but wasn't able to buy the game until Beta, which means that they technically got profit out of me pirating the game.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
shijujin

Post by shijujin »

I pirate almost every game if I enjoy it I buy it if not well it's not on my computer long Minecraft never lasted very long on my computer.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Whether it is wrong or not, I pirate almost every game I buy on steam/origin. Reason? So I can try the game before I buy it. Sorta like a free trial I guess. Imagine buying a game that you think looks awesome, but when you start playing it you find out it absolutely garbage. This is why I pirate games, so I can see if like the game, then I buy it.
CorruptedMotives

Post by CorruptedMotives »

I'm not much of a pirate. I cracked minecraft, but that's about it. I'm against pirating, although I guess it does help knowing I bought it. I don't really mind people who pirate and then buy myself, though.
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I have a problem with the whole concept of "pirate it now, buy it if it's good" when they let it cloud their opinion of the game or convince themselves it's flawed enough to not be worth spending money on unrightfully (like what i said in my first post). If the person is able to genuinely give the game a fair chance and they support the product whenever it meets standards then I don't see much harm in them having pirated it. However, that isn't the case with the majority of pirated games. Once someone has access to the product they aren't likely to spend their money on it (in summary of my original point). This is when pirating becomes a problem. Personally i suggest trying the Minecraft free trial before buying it instead of pirating it, its a much more watered down form of the modern Minecraft, but its easy to form a yes or no opinion on the game through it.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
SurfinRainbow

Post by SurfinRainbow »

I have a personal problem because my friends pirate and expect to get good benefits from it. For example: Well this is stupid I can't even play good cause its pirated wow what a ripoff

And they didn't even PAY FOR IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I hope I can do something useful for you or something. Message me! =D