Feedback on hawkiee552's music?

Have any other hobbies that don't fit any other forums and you want to talk about it? Post here!

Once there is enough of one hobby, There will be a seperate section made just for that.

This is also for the topics that have no place in the general community section.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Feedback on hawkiee552's music?

Post by hawkiee552 »

I've been making music for years now, but never really got any feedback on my songs, so I've given up lots of times, but now I really want to start making music and won't stop until I've accomplished making a song that people like.

My inspiration comes from Grant Bowtie, I love his songs, and he's my Idol.
I would love to hear some feedback from you guys if you wouldn't mind listening to two of my recent songs that I am working on. I personally don't like asking people to give me feedback because I might just be stealing their time, but I need some feedback to continue working in the right direction, making my music better and not worse.

When I started making music, it was merely by just using pre-made loops, but lately I've been using my own "creativity" to make music, and even bought a MIDI keyboard. My goal is not to become famous or anything near that, but to get better at making music that people like.

So what I may ask is; what do you think of this work-in-progress that I have? If you don't mind, positive, and negative (things I can do better) feedback is appreciated. I use Mixcraft 5 and an Alesis Q49, not professional stuff because I'm more of a beginner, but it works well.

I'd be more than glad to hear from you guys, and I am truly sorry if I stole your time.

Thank you so much in advance.

Here are some my previous songs:

This is my newest, and probably best song so far. Currently just a WIP.

My first release since I gave up years ago.

This is from 2010, right before I gave up making music, although, this is just made with loops.

My big inspiration's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/grantbowtie
He makes currently Hip-Hop/Pop/House songs, while my songs doesn't have a specific genre.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Feedback on hawkiee552's music?

Post by Deth V »

hawkiee552 wrote:I've been making music for years now, but never really got any feedback on my songs, so I've given up lots of times, but now I really want to start making music and won't stop until I've accomplished making a song that people like.

My inspiration comes from Grant Bowtie, I love his songs, and he's my Idol.
I would love to hear some feedback from you guys if you wouldn't mind listening to two of my recent songs that I am working on. I personally don't like asking people to give me feedback because I might just be stealing their time, but I need some feedback to continue working in the right direction, making my music better and not worse.

When I started making music, it was merely by just using pre-made loops, but lately I've been using my own "creativity" to make music, and even bought a MIDI keyboard. My goal is not to become famous or anything near that, but to get better at making music that people like.

So what I may ask is; what do you think of this work-in-progress that I have? If you don't mind, positive, and negative (things I can do better) feedback is appreciated. I use Mixcraft 5 and an Alesis Q49, not professional stuff because I'm more of a beginner, but it works well.

I'd be more than glad to hear from you guys, and I am truly sorry if I stole your time.

Thank you so much in advance.

Here are some my previous songs:

This is my newest, and probably best song so far. Currently just a WIP.

My first release since I gave up years ago.

This is from 2010, right before I gave up making music, although, this is just made with loops.

My big inspiration's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/grantbowtie
He makes currently Hip-Hop/Pop/House songs, while my songs doesn't have a specific genre.

Well congrats on getting into music, however...

The first song had promise, but the piano just kept repeating, over and over, if there was more variety it capture my attention.
Also the drum sample hurt my ears, badly, take down the high EQ on that (Mix craft seems to have a bad EQ so that's all I can see)
Another thing, the chello or whatever occupy the same sonic space, so you will want to EQ some space out of one of the instruments, maybe cut some low-mids from the piano.
Getting flat response headphones will help you mix things well...

Second song was a lot better, but the piano was the same through out the whole thing.

It felt like the song was building towards something, but then.... nothing happened, kinda lost my attention there, however there was a lot more elements that did capture my attention vs last track.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Re: Feedback on hawkiee552's music?

Post by hawkiee552 »

Deth V wrote:

Well congrats on getting into music, however...

The first song had promise, but the piano just kept repeating, over and over, if there was more variety it capture my attention.
Also the drum sample hurt my ears, badly, take down the high EQ on that (Mix craft seems to have a bad EQ so that's all I can see)
Another thing, the chello or whatever occupy the same sonic space, so you will want to EQ some space out of one of the instruments, maybe cut some low-mids from the piano.
Getting flat response headphones will help you mix things well...

Second song was a lot better, but the piano was the same through out the whole thing.

It felt like the song was building towards something, but then.... nothing happened, kinda lost my attention there, however there was a lot more elements that did capture my attention vs last track.
Thanks for the feedback, I highly appreciate it! Will start working on these songs soon, I'll see what I can do :) I should've had either flat response headphones or monitors. Using my Logitech Z523 for music-making isn't a good idea.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.