(TTT) Raise Karma Cap

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
Piotrowski

(TTT) Raise Karma Cap

Post by Piotrowski »

On another server I used to be a regular on they had it so there was no karma cap. The more karma you had the harder it was to gain and more would be lost with every miss-shot. it was an achievement to reach 2000 karma and hold it there.

I prefer this way because it gives me extra incentive to actually know that who I shoot is a traitor and gives me an extra goal in the game. It also adds some more strategy because if player "A" kills player "B" and claims that he just started shooting him randomly then people can check the karma and notice player B has 2000 karma and probably had good reason to shoot.

It also helps when no admins are on when determining who is rdm'ing, then legitly playing every other round to keep their karma up, and who is actually playing the game
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: (TTT) Raise Karma Cap

Post by Deth V »

Does this require extra coding (if you know about that or not).

Either way, sounds like a great idea!
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Piotrowski

Post by Piotrowski »

I'm sorry, I do not know anything on what it takes to implement
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Would be cool to add some sort of award for those who can get a large amount of good karma. Maybe do the opposite that happens when you have low karma? Extra damage? Not as significant as 10 - 30% but small increments.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Piotrowski

Post by Piotrowski »

This site:
http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-comma ... #TOC-Karma
tells you how to edit the config to raise the cap, though i'm not sure if it will make it harder to gain and more to lose as it goes up
Piotrowski

Post by Piotrowski »

Personally I wouldn't suggest giving damage bonuses since it does give an advantage
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

The last command in the link(ttt_karma_clean_half ___) makes it harder to gain/lose karma once you have reached over the default limit(if it has been raised).
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

It gets pretty difficult fully customizing the server since no one here knows how to code.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

I was going to learn lua, considering I have way too much free time, but thats for another post/day/whatever :)
Piotrowski

Post by Piotrowski »

isn't this just a simple edit of the server.cfg?

I'm no coder so I'm not sure how difficult this actually is but it seems pretty simple to me