Connection issue.

This is the forums to discuss about computers and general electronics, as for some of us, this is a major hobby!

Need any help with computers? Post and we will try to help to the best of our ability!
Dergle

Connection issue.

Post by Dergle »

Since this morning, I have been unable to connect to our server. I am able to connect to other servers just fine though. Others have been able to connect to the server without any issues. I don't recall changing anything major that could have triggered this.
After trying for myself, as well as searching around for answers, I've come up with nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

What I've tried so far: Computer restart, Modem restart, Router restart, connecting through invitation, connecting by joining a friend, connecting through ip in console.
When trying to join the server through a friend, it says, "Server is not responding." and the server is not showing up in lists such as my "Favorites", the server simply doesn't appear, as if it's offline.

Looking forward to any suggestions,
Dergle .
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
DelusionalSyko

Re: Connection issue.

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Antivirus active protection come some times cause this. Disable your Active protection on your antivirus.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Dergle

Post by Dergle »

Oh wow, that was it! I had just re-installed MalwareBytes, apparently that was the cause. According to it, our server is a "Malicious Website" :lol:
Thanks Delusional, really appreciate it.
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
shijujin

Post by shijujin »

Dergle wrote:Oh wow, that was it! I had just re-installed MalwareBytes, apparently that was the cause. According to it, our server is a "Malicious Website" :lol:
Thanks Delusional, really appreciate it.
People trying to murder you is generally Malicious so your antivirus was being logical :3