Haswell? Richland?

This is the forums to discuss about computers and general electronics, as for some of us, this is a major hobby!

Need any help with computers? Post and we will try to help to the best of our ability!
DelusionalSyko

Haswell? Richland?

Post by DelusionalSyko »

“The first wave of Haswell processors to be launched in the second quarter of 2013 will include Core i7-4770K, i7-4770, i7-4770S, i7-4770T, i7-4765T, i5-4670K, i5-4670, i5-4670S, i5-4670T, i5-4570, i5-4570S, i5-4570T, i5-4430 and i5- 4430S, the sources revealed”. We saw this same line-up of processors in a leaked datasheet in mid-December.
Intel will wait until Q3 before launching Haswell based Core i3-series CPUs and high-end Ivy Bridge E processors.
I'm excited as can be. The haswell CPU's are apparently a huge breakthrough in mobile CPU's. Being a tock faster than the previous generation (Ivy) and using significantly less power. And by the first quoted article, they're making desktop versions as well as i5 series, i7 (Quad with hyperthreading) and the E series (6 core with hyperthreading)

As a PC Enthusiast, I'm all tingly.
Richland APUs, said to bring a 20 to 40 per cent performance improvement over the previous generation whilst using less power. Richland isn’t going to sit atop AMD’s performance throne for long, in H2 it is scheduled to be succeeded by the next generation AMD 28nm Kaveri APU.
AMD APU's are excellent. And if they're making them even better, I'm excited to see what laptops and slates are capable of in the future with an AMD chip in them.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Re: Haswell? Richland?

Post by hawkiee552 »

I really hope AMD is making their new APU's avaible for use in netbooks. There's no AMD C-50/C-30 netbook avaible in the market today (as they died out after tablets got popular) and I'd love to have a small netbook with me on school or other places and still be able to play decent games, as the C-50 already can do (Not that great performance, but a lot better than the Intel Atom series).

Not to mention, with an AMD processor, the price for laptops/netbooks are significantly lower than with an Intel processor.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.