Swag

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
blitz723

Swag

Post by blitz723 »

Honestly, I don't get why people hate people with "swag" so much... Who cares? I could care less if someone says that they are happy about how they dress, or act, or whatever... It really just bugs me that these people get hated on so much. I mean sure, sometimes they bring it upon themselves... I feel like it's just like saying you don't like someone because of they're race or sexuality. Honestly, what IS swag? The way one carries themselves? Dresses themselves? What is it? Personally, I think that I have a lil bit of "swag" I wear Nike shoes, Nike Elite socks, Nike, Jordan, or Cargo shorts, Nike shirts and sweatshirts... I don't wear camo vests, or snapbacks, or anything like that. I dress the way I do because I play sports, it's a part of my clique. I feel obligated to dress that way, and I don't feel embarrassed by it in any way. For me, I could care less of what people think of me, and I feel like people shouldn't care about me, but should care more about themselves.

So who cares if these people say they have "swag", it honestly doesn't matter...

This is why I'm always joking about "swag" on the server, because I don't care about, and it makes me laugh how many people are hurt over it, when it has nothing to do with them, or because they don't have "their own swag" whatever
MY NAME IS BLITZ AND YOU MUST OBEY ME
LoL just jokin'
Hello and welcome
FADW Moderator

Re: Swag

Post by Hello and welcome »

I has #yoloswagg
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Swag
I love bicycling.
shijujin

Post by shijujin »

#swagyolo4gezus
micswix

Post by micswix »

The true definition of swag is free stuff. So when they say they have swag, it means they're poor.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

lol micswix
I love bicycling.
Unicorn Giggles

Post by Unicorn Giggles »

It's not the term "swag" itself they hate, it's the group of people who SERIOUSLY claim they have it. These people were never liked by most of the community at any rate, and they always had different names assigned to them by the people who hated them. Previously, there was that whole lowriding thing (which might stillmost poeple hate, it's the stupidity of the "Swag group".

Others look down on these people because it's visible that they won't get anywhere in life, but they still act high and mighty above anyone else right now. A great example is the "Obey" snapbacks. The "Swag group" thinks that the hat orders people to obey them, when it really symbolizes how they are obeying large corporations (The people making these snapbacks who sell them for ridiculous prices), and are sheep to society.

It's the stupidity and arrogance of the crowd that people dislike, not the "swag" clothing itself.

Now, I'm not saying that everyone who dresses like that is stupid, and won't get there in life, but the fact is, most of those people won't. Good people can make bad decisions and get into the wrong crowd, influencing them to throw away their future. There are also some people that wear it as a fashion statement (tbh, a pretty bad one at that), and not to fit into any sort of crowd, but that's quite a rarity.

Moral of story, it's the people, not the "swag"
"Do not make foes of a man who wields Mac10" -Ancient Zen Chinese saying
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Swag is when you take all your belongings in a tent cloth, tie it to a pole, and travel around farms for work. That is how the word originated...
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

^ I was just about to say that. It's funny how people make their own stories on how the word originated.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
blitz723

Post by blitz723 »

Thank you guys so much! Its been confusing me for a while!

And I always thought that swag was just short for swagger, cuz they seem to resemble each other pretty well.... Oh well! The more you know!
MY NAME IS BLITZ AND YOU MUST OBEY ME
LoL just jokin'