Donator Server Join Intros

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
Red Herring

Donator Server Join Intros

Post by Red Herring »

Why should Admins hog all the awesome? I think above-and-beyond donators should get their own custom intros! If they don't have the technical know-how to put together a track for Deth, they can give me a song and I can put it together based on their specifications. Of course, any request would have to be family-friendly, just like the rest of the server.

I think that donator intros would encourage more donations and help the server to flourish. It would also show our appreciation for some of the donators that have demonstrated great generosity!

I don't know at what level of donation one would be rewarded an intro; I think that's up for debate. It could be set so that pesky $1 donators can't just get an intro just like that, but instead set the bar rather high to limit how many people cause music to play on the server. They might also need to be much shorter to keep from becoming an annoyance for people downloading server assets on first join.

Thoughts?
Dergle

Re: Donator Server Join Intros

Post by Dergle »

Well, it would certainly help deter people from attempting to become an admin simply because they want an intro, which would be nice.
As you said, they would have to be short and simple, to try to keep away audio clutter. It may prove annoying though, I'm overall kind of undecided on how I would feel about it at the moment.
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
micswix

Post by micswix »

I still think the donator name colors would be a great idea. They'd get a choice dependent on how much they've done. Like dark green for 1 dollar, blue for 5, or any color for 10 dollars. For unlimited time. I'd like that, and looking at the font color bar over to the right I think they' have a bit of color to choose from to vary the server.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

^ /agree
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

lol i've been waiting for this to happen before i donate lol. why has this not happen yet? especially Intro's! and color's! wheres all the pizzazz lol.
I love bicycling.
hotdogs
FADW Admin

Post by hotdogs »

This has come up before, but the bottom line is the amount of difficulty, time, and frustration it would take to give every donator their own intro. Trust me, I have discussed this with Deth. It is far to complicated, and honestly, not worth the effort. Deth can explain it better in detail if you ask.

We are trying to come up with more donations ideas, for example, the color names.

We also would greatly appreciate any other ideas you may have!
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

...Which is why the intros would be reserved for people who donate over a certain point, a point which would be set higher than the standard donation(if there is such a thing).
This has come up before, but the bottom line is the amount of difficulty, time, and frustration it would take to give every donator their own intro.
It sounds to me like you are assuming that this would have to be done for every donator. I hope that next time you'll actually read my post before formulating a response. ;)
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Red Herring wrote: I hope that next time you'll actually read my post before formulating a response. ;)
There's no need to be rude. Maybe you should think a little clearly before you post something that can offend someone.

Donator intros is something I'm iffy on. I'd like to discuss it with the other admins before I make a dedicated vote for it.

Also, to clerify, we're talking about colors on the forums? Because custom colors for the server would be near impossible for us to accomplish.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

It was clear from her post that she didn't read what I wrote. It's not rude for me to address that, especially when the admin's reply has an official tone. I'm not out to hurt anyone's feelings, I just think that a representative of the server should display consideration before disagreeing with someone.
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Actually, it is rude. And you're the onle one who thinks it isn't. You could have worded that in a completely other way, but you chose that route.

Word things a little nicer next time.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0