Donator Server Join Intros

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
hotdogs
FADW Admin

Re: Donator Server Join Intros

Post by hotdogs »

Red Herring wrote: It sounds to me like you are assuming that this would have to be done for every donator. I hope that next time you'll actually read my post before formulating a response. ;)

Actually, that's not entirely what I meant. The problem with donator intros is the amount of files that people would have to download. The mp3 files are just too big. There are legit reasons as to why this hasn't happened yet, I was just simply trying to inform you of this.

Also, everything I write will always have an official tone. I have chosen as an administrator of FADW to always confront people and situations professionally.

I apologize for anything that I have said that caused you to respond in such a manner.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

With donator intros it might get a little messy, I still haven't fixed some issues (that I truly don't know how to fix) with the intros (It playing every map change).

Also donator intros would have to be priced very high like 25-50 dollars per intro.

The files, if we didn't have a whole lot, could be dropped down, will sound bad, but you can still tell what song it is.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
micswix

Post by micswix »

Oh, I didn't think that the donator name colors would be extremely hard, because the admins used to have the yellow color, and I thought that dark green and blue are pretty generic, and saying "Any color" I meant a set pallet that the admins choose. Sorry I assumed.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

The yellow thing was implemented in the TTT gamemode. Unless we got someone that knows lua scripting, then we can't add that.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

I've found some lua code already written for this, so I can implement it, Just have to figure out the price and such.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
micswix

Post by micswix »

Oh, wow Deth, on top of everything. Wait, you mean the colors right? Or the sound?
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

micswix wrote:Oh, wow Deth, on top of everything. Wait, you mean the colors right? Or the sound?
Intros is easy to do. We already have a script for it, seeing how we already have admin intros. The reason why It's unethical is because of too many files being added to the server. Download wait times would be increased, and that would get annoying.

He's talking about color.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
micswix

Post by micswix »

Oh ya, haha sorry about that.
Dergle

Post by Dergle »

I'm definitely liking this new idea better. I think that donators should get name color changes, both in-game, and on the forum.
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
micswix

Post by micswix »

I think forum would be weird, because there's Pyro with bright red, Deth with dark red, the other admins with yellow, and then just t'd be weird. I know they'd still have the titles beneath their name to tell the difference but, thats my two cents about forum stuff. I'd love it on the server though.