Childhood Games.

Have any other hobbies that don't fit any other forums and you want to talk about it? Post here!

Once there is enough of one hobby, There will be a seperate section made just for that.

This is also for the topics that have no place in the general community section.
Dergle

Childhood Games.

Post by Dergle »

Back when we were all younger, we all had those childhood games, filled with memories. These games often keep a special place in our hearts, for the rest of our lives. So I'd like to know what your childhood games are!
For myself, the first, and one of the most important, is the Mario Party series. Back when I was about ages 7-12, I had a group of friends all around my age, and we did everything together, definitely a ton of great friends. But whenever we would have our sleepovers, (things like these sleepovers bring back the best memories ^_^) we would all have our sleepover needs, the special sleepover and party stuff, that you almost never got otherwise, the giant pizzas, the soda, and of course...the ice cream! During these sleepovers we would essentially play Mario Party all night, and all morning. It never got old, and still brings joy to me today.
Another would be the Super Smash Bros. series. Specifically Melee, and the N64 version. For basically the same reason, in mostly the same situations.

Looking forward to hearing your favorite childhood games, and the stories behind them!
Dergle.
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Childhood Games.

Post by Alex »

I remember playing A LOT of Need for Speed Underground on the PS2. Other than that, my memory is pretty vague when it comes to my past. (I really dislike not being able to remember half my life)
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

I've always been a PC gamer, and never really had a console until late 2009 when I got my first PS2 because I just wanted one myself. Since I was 5 (2003) I've been playing a lot Counter-Strike 1.6. This, however wasn't a social game for me because my friend's didn't play it. I was the only one in the beginning, but I played a lot of CS with my brother. I also remember playing Half-Life 2 with my brother. Actually, he played and I sat beside him and ate candy watching him play, and sometimes I got to play a little. One of my friends which lives nearby got a PS2 when he was 7. We played a lot of Need For Speed Most Wanted, and other games such as Mission Impossible, which in fact, was impossible. Oh those rage-moments where we couldn't beat a level.

Good times.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
micswix

Post by micswix »

Alright. Right here.
Three words.
Kirby, Air, Ride.
My favorite childhood game ever. It was amazing having four of my friends huddled around my Game Cube playing on city trial, trying to build Hydra or Dragoon.
Dergle

Post by Dergle »

Ahh yes Micswix! Kirby air ride was a huge one for me and my friends as well! We spent countless hours on it.
I can't believe I forgot what is possibly the game that had the most influence on my life, RuneScape.
This was the first PC game I had ever played, I started playing when I was five years old, and I stopped about a year or so ago, once EoC came out.
If I recall, during that time, I spent some 2000 hours on it :lol: . Ohh the memories bring me the greatest nostalgic joy. The noobiness, not knowing how to do anything, the killing goblins, exploring Lumbridge, when discovering Varrock was the coolest thing ever. Those were that days. I'm not actually sure if I'm gonna play 2007scape as soon as it comes out or not. I don't really want to spend a membership fee right now :/.
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Oh yeah, the RS 2007 (Oldschool) servers are up now if you're member that has given a vote.

I remember playing that back in the day, brings back memories.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Unicorn Giggles

Post by Unicorn Giggles »

Always been primarily a PC gamer, but I still played most pokemon games, and super smash bros 64 on emulators. I also played Counter Strike 1.6 a lot, almost every day I spent at least an hour playing CS 1.6. Also, Age of Empires 2, and Heroes 3.
"Do not make foes of a man who wields Mac10" -Ancient Zen Chinese saying
ManlyMan

Post by ManlyMan »

Runescape and Frogger were my best childhood games, but mostly Runescape. :D
pyrojb3

Post by pyrojb3 »

final fantasy 7 was my childhood game started playing it since it first came out i think i was 5-6 at the time
myras
FADW Moderator

Post by myras »

definitely The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for me and super smash brothers melee not to mention Pokemon blue. I didn't have many friends when I was growing up I was pretty badly bullied. but I did have 1 friend who was in boarding school so I got to see him during the summer. his dad owns a convenience store so we would get tons of free soda and food and his mom always orders pizza for us. as far as Pokemon blue goes the previously mentioned no Friends meant that I didn't really have much to do at recess which means that I would usually sit alone playing my game boy. these games got me through some of the worst times of my life. and playing them has been the best times I've had so far and that's why I remember them so much.