Removal of the knife one hit kill function

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!

Remove the "one hit kill" knife function?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 32

Unicorn Giggles

Re: Removal of the knife one hit kill function

Post by Unicorn Giggles »

This is what I've been awaiting a loooong time. I really, really, want to see the knife be nerfed off of one hit kill. As it is, it's used as a tool to eliminate 1 person, 1 high risk target taken out of the game, and it essentially takes no thought to use. All you have to do, is follow someone until they're a bit away from the crowd, or maybe in a room where you could close the door and hide the body, and take that person out. This makes it one of, if not THE most bought traitor item around. I mean, it's a free kill, who wouldn't want to buy it? The knife being taken down to 2-shot kill, would actually either let the person call out who the traitor is and make it more interesting, or in the case of a detective, or high priority target, they'd actually have to get pretty low first, meaning they can't just be killed right at the beginning of the round. Not to mention, ranged knife one-hit kill coaxes people into throwing it into a crowd, blaming and killing each other, causing absolute havoc, making this game so much more interesting. The knife being nerfed will probably also push people into the direction of buying new items from the traitor shop, like a silenced pistol, or C4. Maybe the Flare gun will see a revival, who knows? The results would certainly be better than if the knife stayed at 1H Kill.
"Do not make foes of a man who wields Mac10" -Ancient Zen Chinese saying
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I can agree with having the knife be 2-3 credits, but having it be more expensive then a jihad doesn't make sense to me. I believe that increasing the price of the jihad would be necessary if the knives price was to be raised.
Last edited by unicow2945 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

unicow2945 wrote:I can agree with having the knife be 2-3 credits, but having it be more expensive then a jihad doesn't make since to me. I believe that increasing the price of the jihad would be necessary if the knives price was to be raised.

Highering the price of the Jihad doesn't make any sense. Seeing how the decision to buy it, is the decision to sacrifice yourself. Also, you can't buy anything else because you can't drop it.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Dergle

Post by Dergle »

Just to throw in my two cents, I'd say that the knife would never be picked up by many traitors if it was to be nerfed, people want a free kill. I'd be perfectly happy with it being 2-3 credits though, your "Free kill" shouldn't be cheap.
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
micswix

Post by micswix »

I was on a server yesterday that had the knife do 99 damage, so it killed anyone that was wounded. And while I was hiding he came up, stabbed me, and took a good few seconds to get his gun out when I shot him and got him down a bit.
I don't know if this helps, but that's my only experience with the nerfed knife.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Putting the damage down to something like 99 is actually a really good idea, so it isn't an instant one-hit kill for people that are on full health.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Unicorn Giggles

Post by Unicorn Giggles »

Alex wrote:Putting the damage down to something like 99 is actually a really good idea, so it isn't an instant one-hit kill for people that are on full health.
Yea, but that means detectives don't instantly die, as it would do 66 damage instead. Which is still a good number, but it can throw a bunch of people off as well.
"Do not make foes of a man who wields Mac10" -Ancient Zen Chinese saying
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

DelusionalSyko wrote:
unicow2945 wrote:I can agree with having the knife be 2-3 credits, but having it be more expensive then a jihad doesn't make since to me. I believe that increasing the price of the jihad would be necessary if the knives price was to be raised.

Highering the price of the Jihad doesn't make any sense. Seeing how the decision to buy it, is the decision to sacrifice yourself. Also, you can't buy anything else because you can't drop it.
I've seen servers that charge the T 3 credits to buy a Jihad Bomb. I think it was so that it would be a major choice for any Ts who make it to the end of the round.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

I agree, nerfing it to 99 damage is a good idea. If we try to nerf it even more, it's kinda pointless to use it IMO, because I'd rather use my gun in that case.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
micswix

Post by micswix »

Ya, after playing around on that server for a little while (On the rare round I wasn't rdmed) 99 damage was wonderful. And even on detectives it was good, shoot them a few times, then v-switch to the knife to finish them off.