Removal of the knife one hit kill function

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!

Remove the "one hit kill" knife function?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 32

DelusionalSyko

Removal of the knife one hit kill function

Post by DelusionalSyko »

I use the knife as a tool when I'm a traitor. Most of the time to get rid of someone who is moving too much to kill with a gun, or get rid of a detective who is other wise preoccupied.

However, that's not the case with everyone else. I have at least 3 - 4 people who knife me almost exclusively every round they're a traitor. So...the odds of me dying first, or close to first and sitting in spectator the entire round is drastically increased. My frustration with getting knife is getting to the point where I don't want to play TTT. I've been hopping on, getting T, then exiting. Because my Inno rounds consist fully of getting knifed almost immediatly, and sitting the entire round out.

I'm not going to make a drastic change on something without everyone's consent on it. Changing weapon's functions on a lower scale is a little different because I have a good understanding of balance with weapons.

So...are you tired of the knife one-hit-kill function? Or should it stay the same?
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
unicow2945

Re: Removal of the knife one hit kill function

Post by unicow2945 »

The knife problem seems to be exclusive to a select few people. I know that I have never been targeted excessively and i play on the server frequently. However, from your standpoint 1-hit kill knives are game breaking because myself (and others) use them almost religiously when we get the chance or opportunity to stab you. This causes you to play as a spectator almost as much as you would play innocent :S. I also believe that some of the other well known people on the server (such as hotdogs and pyro) have (and may still be) suffered/suffering from the same problem. This is why I am suggesting for the damage of the knife to be lowered down to 90 or 80 damage. Like you stated, drastically changing the knives damage would just create a brand new problem, but having a slight nerf would be acceptable.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Wait does it automatically switch back to your primary after you throw it? I don't use it so I don't know, but if it does, I'm fine lowering the damage.
hotdogs
FADW Admin

Post by hotdogs »

It is a select view people who are always getting knifed, usually an admin or a highly skilled player like Delusional or Mana-Hawk mostly because people wouldn't win one vs one against them. However, as much as I am knifed, I use the knife back, and am often known for my knifey hugs.

It's a 50/50 situation. I honestly think people would miss the knifes too much.

Take it as a compliment Delusional! Or just start shooting terribly :P
DankPancakeSwag

Post by DankPancakeSwag »

I feel if we nerfed it, no one would use the knife anymore. I remember when it wasn't 1 hit kill, it really wasn't used at all. And when it was used, it really wasn't worth it, often the person targeted would survive, and the T would be revealed.
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Looking at it from a non-biased point of view:

The traitors have (All situational weapons)

Silenced pistol
AWP
C4
Jihad
Knife

Detectives have (All situational weapons)

UMP prototype
P90

As it stands, the traitors outweigh the detectives by a lot. Yes, the traitors have to kill an entire server full of innos and they need all they can get, but detectives at this point are sitting ducks with how much the traitors outweigh them balance wise.

If anything, the knife should be 2 - 3 credits to purchase. It shouldn't be 1 credit. It's bought almost immediatly at the start of the round and used instantly.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
hotdogs
FADW Admin

Post by hotdogs »

2-3 Credits, I agree with.

Make them earn it.
DankPancakeSwag

Post by DankPancakeSwag »

Credit increase sounds good to me
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I do agree with the cost increase for the knife, removing the one-hit kill for it after the cost increase should not happen though.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
pyrojb3

Post by pyrojb3 »

cost increase is enough for me i have noticed that at least half the time i am killed by a t is when they just randomly knife me and it can at times get out of hand