No, Keep them the same
No votes
Yes, increase to 24
75%
Yes, Increase to 28
19%
Yes, Increase to 32 slots
6%
Yes, Increase to 64 slots (I'm crazy :P)
No votes
Other (please reply)
No votes

Total votes: 16

Deth V
The Weird One

Up the player Slots?

Post by Deth V »

We've been maxing out our player slots recently, and some of our admins wanted more slots, what is everyone's view on this?
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Up the player Slots?

Post by Deth V »

Oh forgot to add there will be roughly 1/6th of the slots that are reserved for admins/donators.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
micswix

Post by micswix »

28, that would be a much better number. often or not AT LEAST 4 people are trying to get into the full server I assume and 8 would open it so there can be 6 Ts and 3 Ds in oone round, which would be awesome.
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

I like that the lower number decreases round wait time, but I have found that it is sometimes hard to get into the server. A few more slots might help with that.
MissSnik

Post by MissSnik »

I am saying 24 because it would be 18 player slots and 6 reserved for admin because anymore than that would probably be too much to handle if there was only one admin on and the server was full of regular players. Like trying to deal with 22 people for instance if the amount of slots was set to 28 and there was only one admin on then that would get very overwhelming really fast. I do agree that we need to up the amount of slots though.
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

I feel like before this happens we'll need to find a suitable map rotation with nice fresh maps. Also, new plugins like the jihad bomb and things like that.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

When I increase the player slots, I will probably do the following along with the boost:

I will decrease the added haste time (so per kill it will only be around 15 seconds added to the clock)
I will go through the maps I have and add more maps.
I will get the jihad bomb up
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Your list is broken. You have an = sign there
  • But anyways I think 24 is fine. 3 D's and 6 T's on a full server.
hotdogs
FADW Admin

Post by hotdogs »

I vote for 28 slots.

That way when 24 gets too full, we won't be having this discussion again. :P I think it's safer number than 24, just in case we get more people wanting to play.
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

I disagree with 28 at this time. 8 more slots is a greater adjustment, so the greater need for admins will disrupt the equilibrium of the server, especially during peak hours when numerous people are waiting to join. If the server increases in increments, admins and players will be able to adjust more smoothly.