Apple devices...

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Internet-justice

Re: Apple devices...

Post by Internet-justice »

What is that?
You may know me as Mr. Braun
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Smartphone OS by Linux, about to be released soon.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Internet-justice

WANT
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

People use Windows because they have to.

People use Mac because they want to.

People use Linux because they CAN.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

DelusionalSyko wrote:People use Windows because they have to.

You have a very good point here, Mr. Delusional.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Internet-justice

Correction: People use Mac because of brand loyalty.
Dergle

Post by Dergle »

Internet-justice wrote:Correction: People use Mac because of brand loyalty.
I actually disagree. Many people use Apple products because of their ability to serve a market that Microsoft and Linux do not.
The first large reason is the brand itself. Similar to the reason that people buy Ralph Lauren Polos, or buy designer clothing and jewelry. People want to show off their money in the form of the products that they buy and use. Let's be honest, nobody buys a Bugatti Veyron because they needed it, they bought it so that they can show it off. When somebody uses their IPhone around in public, it gives them a certain look. An IPhone, or other Apple product, can show some wealth, as well as show the person as being current with today's trends.

The second big reason, in my opinion, is the ease of use. Since the beginning of the computing market, Apple has aimed to be the easiest, prettiest, most perfect brand in the market. With huge success too I believe. I can give an IPhone to almost anybody, and they'll be able to pick up on how to use it in no time. Personally, I have cousins as young as 6 years old, who own and use their IPhones with no problems at all. Every single one of my grandparents own them, and I even have a great grandmother (Age 94) who owns and uses an IPad. The point being, they have designed their products to be easily understood with plain common sense.
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Which is why most of the tech community go full hipster, because they have enough knowledge to use something else than Apple products. Me being one of them. Apple has overhyped and too simple designs for my taste which is why I stay away from it.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

DelusionalSyko wrote:People use Windows because they have to.

Delusional nailed it.

Everyone bow down for the allmighty Delusional.

Just kidding
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Ok.. I've been putting this off for a long time, because I'm lazy and like to stay away from large amounts of text.. But here we go.

As of now, my notebook/laptop/whatever is a macbook. Before the few of you start your troll/ignorance engines and put the pedal to the medal with apple puns/jokes/conspiracies, I just want to say that I'm pretty much obliged to use it. I just started my first year on a new school, where we study media and communication, and for editing they give us a MacBook Pro HoneyBadger edition (500Gb HDD, 4Gb RAM, i5, HD 4000, non retina 13"). We also get a standard adobe pack and Microsoft office. My opinions on Apple have changed a lot, and even though I like windows the best, I'm probably going to use MacBooks when it comes to notebooks until something better comes.

I've written for a bit now.. And I'm not going to continue this unnecessary wall of text. So I'm just going to list up pro's and cons with this "device" and OS. Most of these are personal preference, but still.

Pros
Keyboard is very comfortable, I can't go without chiclet.
Touchpad is very accurate and comfortable to use, compared to most laptops I've tried.
Crispy LED display
GESTURES.
Ability to have several desktops
Efficient and neutral, a good design for working environments.

Cons
Filled with unnecessary patents which up the price. (Full body aluminum, magnet charger, advanced touchpad technology, overdone keyboard lights, etc etc.)
Bad graphical capabilities.
Addicting.. sort of. Using my packard bell laptop is painful now, good thing my desktop pc is just about done.

And of course, I'm not judging this as a gaming computer, just as a laptop for work and browsing. I might install CS:S and Gmod so I can get on the server when traveling, but that's about it. I got it for free, so I don't care about the price tag, I just feel stupid, since I'm now a victim of the Apple addictive marketing.. Using a windows laptop without peripherals is so hard!

Either way, trying a new OS is fun, and I like variety. Haters gonna hate, I like both Windows and OS X. Windows for gaming, OS X for work. Now to learn Linux..
MEH.