Apple devices...

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Apple devices...

Post by hawkiee552 »

You know, we've all discussed about Apple devices. Apple, the huge company who make fancy devices with an "i" infront. iDevices. iPod, iPad, iPhone, iMac etc, and the services iBooks, iCloud, iMovie and iTunes... Why do some people buy them, and why do some people hate them?

Personally, I've got nothing against Apple. They make products that the consumer market wants, with a special 'quality'. I've had iPods and iPhones, those were products with a nice look and feel. They did the job. When I said I had nothing against Apple, I lied. Freedom is a word you'll never understand when you buy an iDevice. Take this as an example: you just bought yourself a new iPhone and lots of apps/music on it. While you're using your iPhone, you notice that you can't even change a single thing in the OS. Or as it's called, iOS. At the same time you're frustrated about that, your iPhone died or got smashed. Want a new phone? Sure, but you have to choose Apple this time. Guess the reason? All of your payments in AppStore and iTunes.

Everything you buy on an Apple device can only be used on Apple devices. You can't buy a new Android phone and get your $1000 game and app collection with you over to Google Store from AppStore. It just doesn't work that way.

Around spring times, Apple releases their new generation of iDevices. Want to be surprised? We all do, but we all get dissapointed each year because the next generation has the same design and not that much faster processor or better battery life. It's the same, every year, and people still buy it? Sounds like Call of Duty to me, but Apple is like that too. Sure, the iPod touch is a cheap (enough) and brilliant device that is just pure awesomeness. Atleast Apple did something good there.

Well, this was a mini-rant about Apple devices written almost at 3AM (GMT+1), so the ending is quite short. Feel free to further discuss this here and say your opinion :)

EDIT: After trying my girlfriend's iPad Mini, I bought one myself, and I absolutely love it. I use it more than my new laptop (bought a nicely used Compaq CQ-57 for almost nothing) and it's actually very useful for me. I thought the iPad Mini was a stupid and not very useful device until I tried it myself. So I've learned a lession that I should try something before saying my thoughts about it. All my apps and games that were bought on my iPhone is avaible in an iPad version, and I can download them without buying them again. Awesome.

EDIT again: I sold it because I didn't use it anymore. Was fun for about 3-4 weeks. I love my Cooler Master HAF XB Midi tower and it's more useful than an iPad. Well spent money :p
Last edited by hawkiee552 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
DelusionalSyko

Re: Apple devices...

Post by DelusionalSyko »

You pretty much summed it up. I view Apple COMPUTERS are for people who want to brag about their fancy expensive laptop. They toss the Apple logo sticker on their car and sit in coffee shops writing up their screen play. It's a fashion utility. I also view it for people who have no idea how to use a computer.

Releasing the same product every year, but with a tiny change, and charging full price for it.

Incompatibility with almost everything.

The cheapest hardware you can find.

Honestly, If I had $2,000 to spend on a Mac book. I would easily turn around and buy a gaming series HP laptop and save 500 - 800 dollars.

Microsoft products are hard to learn...but when you learn them, they unlock a lot of potential. Macs are easy to learn, but are extremely limited.

People ask me all the time what's wrong with their mac and how do I fix it. I give them the same answer every time "Just toss it in the garbage where it belongs"

The only mac product I've ever liked was an Ipod. And I'm talking 1999 2002 Ipods. With the click scroll wheel.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

One word. Android.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

DelusionalSyko wrote:You pretty much summed it up. I view Apple COMPUTERS are for people who want to brag about their fancy expensive laptop. They toss the Apple logo sticker on their car and sit in coffee shops writing up their screen play. It's a fashion utility. I also view it for people who have no idea how to use a computer.

Releasing the same product every year, but with a tiny change, and charging full price for it.

Incompatibility with almost everything.

The cheapest hardware you can find.

Honestly, If I had $2,000 to spend on a Mac book. I would easily turn around and buy a gaming series HP laptop and save 500 - 800 dollars.

Microsoft products are hard to learn...but when you learn them, they unlock a lot of potential. Macs are easy to learn, but are extremely limited.

People ask me all the time what's wrong with their mac and how do I fix it. I give them the same answer every time "Just toss it in the garbage where it belongs"

The only mac product I've ever liked was an Ipod. And I'm talking 1999 2002 Ipods. With the click scroll wheel.
/agree

Graphics card for macs are marked up like 300 dollars for the mac brand, macs make me cringe.

Ipads are pretty cool for live and church sound use, so that's one of the few apple products i like.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Deth V wrote:Ipads are pretty cool for live and church sound use, so that's one of the few apple products i like.
That's one of the products I can't stand. I get a lot of our managed service customers say "Hey! I got an Ipad!" And I go "Awesome!" "Do you use it to weigh down your papers so they don't blow away?"

I've seen a lot of cool things done with Ipads. And I see the interest in them...but I'd much rather have a microsoft surface or a seven series slate with an actual operating system.

Android's operating system is doodoo. So is the Iphone. I'm REALLY interested in the new microsoft phones. But...I literally just bought my first android about 4 months ago...so...

As nerdy and technology driven as I am, I honestly hate a lot of newer products that have been released lately.

I'm only interested in the surface for work. It beats the hell out of a bulky convertible toshiba with XP tablet addition. But I'm not interested in windows 8. Windows 7 is the best operating system platform ever made ever in the history of ever. And that will most likely NEVER change.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
GeForce GTX 570
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

Well, i guess i'm just gonna sit in the corner with my shiny apple laptop and play my 6 games :/. Having a mac is great for me since I don't play a lot of demanding games but the price of it is a real kick in the teeth. I happen to like how easy it is to use it but thats just me :p I am writing this at 2:30 so half of it will probably not make since.
Last edited by unicow2945 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Yeah, most people buy Apple products to get more popular in their friend groups which is pretty stupid. You don't need to be popular to be happy/have fun or to be liked, and friends like that isn't worth having. Also the person who does this just got a terrible computer for an expensive price.

Anyways, I should get back to finish my Spanish presentation which I have to get finished today ;_;
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
micswix

Post by micswix »

Ugh! I have a second generation iPad to do school work on, issued from the school, bought by the school, everything. And so, I''m like hey, I'll buy some apps to use it to pass the time. Which I have been doing. I found a game (Zenonia 4 and Fantasy Adventure) which I wanted a little boost in. So, I get a prepaid Visa card for my birthday worth 25 dollars. I hook it up to my apple account, download the thing sI want (Zen for zenonia for 14.98 and 800,000 gold in Fantasy adventure for 9.99) I start playing. I got everything fine and was loving it, another game I found fun was Clan wars, a fun strategy game played with others around the world. It turns out n update was available, and the game won't let me play without it. So I log onto my aacount, and click update. And a sign comes up saying "Please signn up to view billing misinformation" it turns out. APPLE DOESN'T SUPPORT VISA PREPAID CARDS! After a little diggin on the internet I find many other ppeople have had this prooblem. One with a man owing 30 dollars!
After this I find out that the only way to fix it is to pay them, eve more money!
Sorry for the bad grammar, I'm mad.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Hold it!!!

apple is one of the supporting companies that help U.S from backrupt maybe i dunno lol but we need more companies that aren't depending china on goods tho... we need more american goods no matter how expensive we need to buy them lol and trying to stop buying from china goods apple should be one of them............
I love bicycling.
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

sniper101 wrote:Hold it!!!

apple is one of the supporting companies that help U.S from backrupt maybe i dunno lol but we need more companies that aren't depending china on goods tho... we need more american goods no matter how expensive we need to buy them lol and trying to stop buying from china goods apple should be one of them............
Apple products are soley built in China. Along with most of our electronics.
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
GeForce GTX 570