Some younger kids in Video Games

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Nopeful_Engineer

Some younger kids in Video Games

Post by Nopeful_Engineer »

The split-second that mic turns on.

"I'm going down here" "Oooh I found an AK"

Personally, it ticks me off a LOT because people don't respect little kids on servers. I mean of course, kids shouldn't be playing these games, but if they are aloud to, then they should atleast get some respect.

We were all squeakers at one point (personally I am) but really, I went on 1 TTT server and as a traitor, I won the round. They said "How did we lose to a child?" "Omg rdm him"

Yeah, alright. Voice is not what matters, the kid playing the game is not mentally broken. It just bothers me sometimes.

But what kids really need to know to avoid mic spam. STOP. SAYING. EVERYTHING. YOU. DO. Seriously, I noticed that this is what annoys most people. VERY. MUCH.

Luckly, I found FADW. But thats out of it.

I guess people can't help it. If I was older I might be hating on kids right now, but getting hated as a squeaker really changes you.

Mkay, i'm done.
Last edited by Deth V on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the title because the word "Squeaker" isn't very nice.
"Let's do this... Texas Style."
*shot*
"Nope."
I'm online around Tuesday and Friday, and the weekends!
DelusionalSyko

Re: Squeaker kids in Video Games

Post by DelusionalSyko »

My voice dropped when I was 13, and I started talking on the mic when I was 15. So I never had the problem of being a squeaker.

But yes. It has to do with them constantly blabbing. No one likes when someone continuously talks on the mic. I personally have no problems playing with kids who behave themselves. I've met a lot of really mature -15 year old's in my days. Age doesn't necessarily dictate maturity. I've met people younger than me (Some of them on here) who are more mature than I am.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
blitz723

Post by blitz723 »

DelusionalSyko wrote:I've met people younger than me (Some of them on here) who are more mature than I am.
*cough* me? *cough*

but yea, it's when they continuously talk nonstop. I never talked while I went through my "squeaker" stage, so I only know what it's like now. But, yes nopeful, it is when they continuously talk that people get bothered.
MY NAME IS BLITZ AND YOU MUST OBEY ME
LoL just jokin'
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I remember back in the days when I played HL2RP, I VERY rarely used my mic. This was due to the squeaking. I only did in some occasion where people wanted to hear my voice, and I refused most of the time. Now that I've actually gotten through that certain part of growing up, and I got a deeper voice, I use it all the time.

But as you said, the voice does not tell very much from a person, only that he is young. Maturity has nothing to do with how your voice sounds like.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Some younger kids in Video Games

Post by Deth V »

Generally I try to be nice to the younger kids in games because they can't help that their voice is high. I will however gag them if they tend to talk too much, they'll learn...

I used to be a "Squeaker" and I remember one time when I revealed my voice, I kept getting made fun of (funny I thought I felt "safe" in that community, but no, some moron has to start crying a river about my voice)... so I left, and never spoke again in a game until I hit around 14...

The kids with high voices that I absolutely despise is the kids who come on, they think they're so tough and they start cursing like a 12 year old sailor... and then when we tell them it's family friendly, they go off by repeating some of the vilest words in the English language.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Deth V wrote:and then when we tell them it's family friendly, they go off by repeating some of the vilest words in the English language.
Boils down to the parents being neglective and not caring about what their kid's do. If I had a kid that acted like that on-line, or to anyone period, I would take him outside and beat him with a hose.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

"i've met people younger than me (Some of them on here) who are more mature than I am"

Delusional is totally talking about me. All the times I have singled him out as a target and knifed him...yea... we both know my maturity levels are over 9000 (I'm proving my point but using overused memes!).

Now that i'm done being sarcastic I have to say that I agree with engineer. I don't think that age/voice is as much of a problem as when the person is constantly talking over the mic. Most of the kids that know when to talk are plenty more mature then I am. I can respect that.
Last edited by unicow2945 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Nopeful_Engineer

Danke for replying people, I feel very... lol'd.
*shot*
"Nope."
SurfinRainbow

Post by SurfinRainbow »

I agree, I know how all the high-voiced kids feel. But really, do we need to ITG?
For those of you who don't know, it means Internet Tough Guy. It also translates into "I have nothing better to do. Oh, I know- I'll go act tough in a TTT server!". Kids, ITGing isn't cool!

I hope I can do something useful for you or something. Message me! =D
Nopeful_Engineer

I have never seen or heard the term ITG.

:|
*shot*
"Nope."