Cutsom Equipment for TTT?

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
blitz723

Cutsom Equipment for TTT?

Post by blitz723 »

I heard Deth and some others talking about some custom equipment, like the jihad, and others, I was just wondering if it was merely a rumor, or a fact... I think the jihad, maybe the ak47? and some other stuff would be cool too..
What do you think?

Blitz
MY NAME IS BLITZ AND YOU MUST OBEY ME
LoL just jokin'
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Cutsom Equipment for TTT?

Post by Deth V »

I will probably get the jihad bomb up... Not sure about the other weapons yet
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

Some weapons that I found to work well on other servers were:

-Steel-toe boots (for both T's and D's, negates fall damage when bought)
-Golden Gun (for D's, has one shot, can only be bought once. instantly kills T's but does nothing to Innos. shooting someone with golden gun without permission and/or for no reason is considered RDM)
-Silenced AWP (for T's. Pretty much a Rifle except is suppressed. Costs a fair bit of points)
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

Ya a silenced sniper would be nice, but anything that can 1-hit kill without noise is fairly OP. i think that a damage reduction would have to be implemented , something like a 90-95 damage on a headshot would be good so it would still kill almost anyone that wasn't at full health, while only critically injuring people with 96+ health. The people who survive the shot would be nearly useless because of their life condition, but they still would have a fighting chance and the ability to call out their shooter.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

The silenced sniper rifle doesn't sound OP. As it is right now, most people use snipers from a long distance...because...they're sniping.

The silenced sniper should act just like the regular sniper, but silenced. From my understanding the AWP on Garry'd mod doesn't resemble the AWP in CS at all. It resembles the scout.

Headshots should be instant kill. How insanely frustrating would it be to get the perfect shot placement on a person and only do 96 damage? That's keyboard smashing worthy of frustrating.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

So should I up the damage on regular snipers?

Jihad bomb will be up shortly...

Silenced sniper... you will have to find the code for it.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

I think Rifles already do a 1-hit kill on headshot.
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Deth V wrote:So should I up the damage on regular snipers?

The snipers are 1 hit kill on headshot currently.

They act the same way they do in CSS, so there's no need to mess with them.

It would be nice if they did more damage, though :) Because I DO like using snipers. :twisted:
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

Yes... Even in a close-range map, I'll opt for a sniper because of the potential for accuracy.

And the silenced AWP does the same damage as a Rifle. Its model is darker and looks like an AWP with a suppressor, so it can be recognized from close to mid range pretty easily. Far away, it can sometimes be mistaken for an M16.
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I guess i'm the only person that thinks it's OP :P. I understand that it currently does the same damage as a regular sniper (when i said 1-hit kill i was referring to headshot), but on both of the other servers I have played on that use the silenced AWP people tend to get really close to someone, then as soon as the target pauses or stops moving flash it out and use it like a silenced deagle. This means that they can get a 1-hit kill headshot on anyone that is alone or away from the group without worrying about gunshot noise or alerting another player. In the right hands *cough* Mana-Hawk *cough* they might even be able to take out whole groups from 5 feet away in a shadow before anyone realizes what happened.
A-Walrurus by any other name...