Cutsom Equipment for TTT?

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
DelusionalSyko

Re: Cutsom Equipment for TTT?

Post by DelusionalSyko »

I'm highly interested in the silenced sniper because I'm a huge fan of snipers.

What you've described sounds like it would rarely happen. A silenced pistol is easily conceable and does immense damage when shot to the head, but it's spotted almost instantaneously in a crowd. A dark colored sniper rifle is gigantic and EASILY spottable in a crowd.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

It is true that it is VERY easy to spot something as bulky as the AWP in a crowd, but its main problem is its ability to instant-kill someone who is slightly away from the group like i was describing without noise. As soon as the victim stops moving they are a sitting duck for your quick swap & headshot as if you had a deagle that didn't make noise. Its coloring (or lack of) makes it effective for shadow dwelling aswell. With a silenced pistol you would need to get 2 back-to-back head shots within a few seconds, while the first headshot is easy it causes the victim to flinch and they usually jerk around in surprise giving them a good chance to kill/fatally injure you before you finish them off making it less useful in close quarters then the AWP.
Last edited by unicow2945 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

This is why the Silenced AWP costs 3 points. Also, the Detective gets the Golden Gun, which insta-kills anyone seen to be toting a T weapon.
micswix

Post by micswix »

I think instead of a golden gun, I saw on one server (I forgot what one) a gun that had this description:
"Can only be bought once, if shooting a traitor, it kills them instantly, if shooting an Innocent kills the D, choose wisely."
That would be a whole lot of awesome to have!
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

That is interesting.
micswix

Post by micswix »

Just thought I'd put my two cents in.
blitz723

Post by blitz723 »

THE NEW STUFF IS SOO COOL.... FOR THE TRAITOR

<3 you deth

soo cool
MY NAME IS BLITZ AND YOU MUST OBEY ME
LoL just jokin'
blitz723

Post by blitz723 »

Am I the only one with a few texture errors for some of the new equipment though?
MY NAME IS BLITZ AND YOU MUST OBEY ME
LoL just jokin'
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

I think the galil and mp5 are a good-on-the ground addition. But I'm not a fan of the silenced ones. Silenced weapons should be specific to traitors. So, if there's a way to throw the TMP on the traitor weapon load-out that would be neat.

Regardless, it's nice to see something new :)
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Red Herring

Post by Red Herring »

Agree with Syko. Also, what model is the Silenced AWP using? It's an error sign for me, in addition to another gun that spawns on the ground. EDIT: I checked, it's the H&K MP7.

I think we could stand to have the guns come in a little slower so we can adjust the balance. The AK47 is pretty over-powered... And the fact that the silenced M4 looks exactly like the regular M4 yet uses SMG ammo confuses me.