Privacy Laws...

Have any other hobbies that don't fit any other forums and you want to talk about it? Post here!

Once there is enough of one hobby, There will be a seperate section made just for that.

This is also for the topics that have no place in the general community section.
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Privacy Laws...

Post by Nerd »

So what actually happened to them? There is like no privacy in the world now....
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Privacy Laws...

Post by Deth V »

I'll do some research and post my findings here... when I have the time.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Privacy Laws...

Post by Deth V »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_la ... ted_States

Code: Select all

In the United States today, "invasion of privacy" is a commonly used cause of action in legal pleadings. Modern tort law includes four categories of invasion of privacy:[6]

1. Intrusion of solitude: physical or electronic intrusion into one's private quarters.
  2. Public disclosure of private facts: the dissemination of truthful private information which a reasonable person would find objectionable
  3. False light: the publication of facts which place a person in a false light, even though the facts themselves may not be defamatory.
  4. Appropriation: the unauthorized use of a person's name or likeness to obtain some benefits.
It is still here in America, although in some areas like schools for instance... they can get themselves permission to invade some of your privacy if you sign a form agreeing to whatever they are doing (For example: Parents or students signing a list of rules saying they agree to follow it where one of the punishments includes getting a phone taken away and searched.

I'd have to do some research for Norway and New Zealand... Anyways, they still are here, maybe not respected as much, or not enforced as much.

Also, some people put their information in the public domain (for example: Posting public information on facebook) so in a sense, they never ACTUALLY had privacy in the first place.

~Deth V
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."