We need to get in a chat room...

If you want to talk about random things, this is the place, enjoy!
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: We need to get in a chat room...

Post by Alex »

I forgot to mention something quite important: I edited the Mumble MOTD to say something like "If I hear any personal attack (from any side), I will kick. After the kick, if it continues, ban".
Giving myself that power might be a bad thing, I would say I'm not biased, but I'm probably wrong.
If we do find someone to moderator the chat (Not Kirito, no offense), then I'll give them their permissions.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Kirito

Post by Kirito »

gooby
"Life isn’t so bad. It’s not so bad."
nicknoke

Post by nicknoke »

pls
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Alex wrote:(Not Kirito, no offense)
wat
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

what about me i dislike both sides
The reason i'm not voting for you is because i'd prefer for the person that uses the He-Man sword of modship to be entirely neutral. Just two days ago I had to ban a well known SykosHouse player (+warn another Syko who's also aware of our rules) from the Tf2 server for language and taking advantage of the rules, even though he's well aware of what the rules are, but choose to cross them even after his one direct warning and one indirect warning (which you should know, since he was in a group with you and Mux). That didn't exactly leave a good impression, which is why i'm playing it safe and voting for one of the entirely neutral people.

EDIT: Oh god, that huge run-on sentence. The perfectionist in me will probably fix it later.
Last edited by unicow2945 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

The fact that we need a "moderator" at all is a bit ridiculous, don't you you think..?
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

unicow2945 wrote:
The reason i'm not voting for you is because i'd prefer for the person that uses the He-Man sword of modship to be entirely neutral. Just two days ago I had to ban Matt (+warn another Syko who's also aware of our rules) from the Tf2 server for language and taking advantage of the rules, even though he's well aware of what the rules are, but choose to cross them even after his one direct warning and one indirect warning (which you should know, since he was in a group with you and Mux). That didn't exactly leave a good impression, which is why i'm playing it safe and voting for one of the entirely neutral people.

Hold up.. {SMFP} Matt..?
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Markusmoo wrote:The fact that we need a "moderator" at all is a bit ridiculous, don't you you think..?
It is. I'd prefer no one having any permissions (not even me, except for the default Mumble-SuperUser, which I won't even use while we're discussing this), but it's just that people seem to be like "OMG WE NEED MODZZZ ON CHATRUUM".
TheOnlyShare wrote:
Alex wrote:(Not Kirito, no offense)
wat
Because through all of this, all I've seen from Kirito is trollish comments. I want someone that will act maturely(?) about this.

Markusmoo wrote:
unicow2945 wrote:
The reason i'm not voting for you is because i'd prefer for the person that uses the He-Man sword of modship to be entirely neutral. Just two days ago I had to ban Matt (+warn another Syko who's also aware of our rules) from the Tf2 server for language and taking advantage of the rules, even though he's well aware of what the rules are, but choose to cross them even after his one direct warning and one indirect warning (which you should know, since he was in a group with you and Mux). That didn't exactly leave a good impression, which is why i'm playing it safe and voting for one of the entirely neutral people.

Hold up.. {SMFP} Matt..?
I'm pretty sure there's a Matt on SykosHouse.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

K good, {SMFP} Matt has been a bit careless lately..
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Looking at how all this drama, it is quite clear that there is an extreme need for someone to control the chat. On several threads, there has been harassment and direct person attacks rather than reasoning, and like Boris, I can see this getting out of control very quickly. Some people (not saying any names at all, and don't think about who I might be referring to here) that will be i the chat room have problems keeping their cool under stress, and it's a completely natural thing. We're human, we do get mad, and we need someone with control if/when it gets out of hand.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.