We need to get in a chat room...

If you want to talk about random things, this is the place, enjoy!
Port_A_Build

We need to get in a chat room...

Post by Port_A_Build »

... and talk this out. The server is crumbling, people are leaving, and with the departure of all the mods, the server soon will be open to rulebreakers.

I propose this is because of a lack of communication between us and the various levels of staff. I think that if we all got in a chat room and talked this out, we would solve the problem within a few hours. This is my call for communication.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Maxaroni

Re: We need to get in a chat room...

Post by Maxaroni »

Yus! This is a necessary move, considering i had no idea that any of this was happening. All i thought was happening was TTT, but no. However, we should make sure to make the right decisions, but I trust you guys as a community of awersome perple.
Arbee's chickin nuggets, their so fine! Arbee's chickin nuggets will blow your mind!
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

We can have one on the teamspeak server.

However the communication really wasn't well to begin with, as everyone didn't ask me why I didn't do this or that.

But I'll do it if someone tells me when it's set.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Nobody on the side of leaving FADW actually trusts you, Deth. They won't join on your server, and I would understand if you didn't want to join on a server they manage. So I propose a neutral place. I'll set up a Mumble server and arrange a time when most of us can join in the hope of making peace and saving the server.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

You guys would have to find an empty teamspeak server that's not ran by any of you.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I have my own VPS hosted. I propose I host it. Even though I'm a FADW Guardian, I would still say that people don't seem to have anything against me (I'm just saying this Port, it's probably better if I host it, unless you actually have some sort of VPS/VDS yourself).

The server will be up basically 24/7, and since I only planned it to be used for this case, there's only one channel (Also known as "Root").

Connection info:
Software: Mumble.
IP: 66.151.138.152
Port (default, as in, you shouldn't have to change this): 64738

I'll join in if I can and someone lets me know when this meeting is, but most of you know my timezone issue already.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Port, trust is a thing all of must have. If you want a "Neutral zone" I suggest talking with the Federation, and they can set you up with a galaxy far away from this Different World.

However, if you want peace, then you need trust. I don't like blindly trusting people, but I know that the TS server isn't rigged in any persons favor. And I'm not saying I don't trust people (I do), because I've gone this far trusting many people on both sides.

I haven't posted anything about goodbyes or in these arguments because I have not yet gathered what I needed, and I shall maintain radio silence (though if anyone needs me for some reason, just message me on the forum or via steam. It'll reach me in the void, and I can get back to you.) and wait until I'm ready.

This is Duncan, and I'm switching to radio silence. Good night.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Perfect, Alex. Scheduling time. Does 0100 hours GMT work for you guys?

Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Port_A_Build wrote:Perfect, Alex. Scheduling time. Does 0100 hours GMT work for you guys?
For those of you that are lazy. This would be 5 PM PST.
Obviously I can't join when it's that late, but the server will still be up as I said earlier.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I think it should be scheduled to include Alex and the other Norwegians, i'm interested in hearing what he has to say about this. Since it sounds like this is going to be about freedom of speech or the like, it makes since to include as many people's opinions as possible, and Norwegians make up a decent amount of FADW's population.
A-Walrurus by any other name...