Un-Just slay by a moderator

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
CadetLink

Un-Just slay by a moderator

Post by CadetLink »

Hello. at 9:35PM, on 11/6/13, Share, a "trusted" mod decided to slay a regular player for what would have been an "incident" with any other mod. here's how it when down:
Rounding the corner of a house, approx. 3 shotgun blasts where heard. while going to investigate, Deathbringer, another regular, was above a dead body, reloading what appeared to be; a shotgun. as soon as i had time to react, syn, yet another regular began to attack death, after he was (i thought) proven. following my instinct, i raised my galil and fired upon the terrorist, later finding him to be a traitor. THE ROUND WENT ON FOR AN ADDITIONAL 6 MINUTES before the round ended, and all had forgotten about the indecent.
except for death and Share.
as the next round began, with hopes for being a traitor myself, i was slain, with 10 seconds before the next round. confused, i fell flat dead, hearing share say; If you are wondering why you where slain, it was because of the deathbringer indecent.
i was utterly confused at the bare facts that he had administered to my ears. this was followed by a clarification from deathbringer, explaining the situation that share had so clearly decided to ignore after the slay. as share was slain by the traitors, i begged for his reasoning, then explained mine.
he so clearly tried to justify what should have been classified as Confused RDM,even with a KOS to deathbringer's name; with a warning and my acknowledgement, but was remedyed by an Un-Just slay to a dedicated player.By now, Share will have made sure that he has "eye witnesses" and such, but this is my point of view that i could not say due to him constantly interrupting me, and then gagging me, to TELL ME what had happened, contradicting what had been said from my point of view.
in case you where not online, did not hear, or is just curious how his point of view sounded to me, here it is:
I SHOULD have done jack and waited while a friend was thrown to the tigers by the hands of deathbringer, and then walked up to a HIGHLY suspected traitor with a CLOSE-RANGE WEAPON that could have insta-killed me, searched the body, run tests with the detective and then, and only then, could i fire upon deathbringer, in witch he could have easily killed everyone, ending the round.
This is blasphemy.
As a player, i believe it is my duty to report to the authoritys whenever corruption of the system is at hand, and this is a black mark in an otherwise clean community. i shan't let this happen, leading to the downfall of this lovely community.
Even if everyone hates me, this would be a just and fit end to the mod that is Share.
TheOnlyShare

Re: Un-Just slay by a moderator

Post by TheOnlyShare »

CadetLink wrote:THE ROUND WENT ON FOR AN ADDITIONAL 6 MINUTES before the round ended, and all had forgotten about the indecent.
except for death and Share.
Not true, it went on for about 2 minutes. You're making a hyperbole to make it seem like it's sooo bad.
CadetLink wrote:Even if everyone hates me, this would be a just and fit end to the mod that is Share.
Well, that escalated quickly. I remember you disrespecting me for really stupid and irrelevent reasons.

"I CAN LITERALLY SAY I HATE YOU SHARE"

"Reasons I dislike Share"

"1. He won't let me get on the plane"

"2. He got away with my KOS using LOGIC"

First off, I slayed you for a perfectly good reason. There wasn't enough proof to kill Deathbringer. We talked about in in Admin chat, and we'd split it up. Syn get slapped, you get slain. I asked you, 2 times why did you kill Deathbringer, but you didn't reply. Syn was then slapped and asked why. I explained it, completely and thouroughly why you were slain and he was slapped. Syn found it fair and UNDERSTOOD his mistake, but you obviously didn't.

However, you decided to argue with me, and mic spammed. I gagged you for mic spam, and explained 2 scenarios on the exact same topic. Obviously you weren't listening because Syn understood it completely and thanked me for explaining it.

I even told you to ID the body to make sure the person suicided. A lot of people on this server tend to suicide a lot, and frame other people. Even though it's annoying, always check the body UNLESS YOU SAW THE PERSON KILL THE PERSON.

You're complaint is invalid. No proof to kill Deathbringer, you're mad at me for some odd reason even before this even happened.

As I mentioned before, we talked about this, IN ADMIN CHAT. We talked the entire round, and decided it was RDM, and slayed you. If you don't think it's RDM because you think you had enough proof, too bad. It's not enough proof to ASSUME he killed someone if you didn't let him ID the BODY.

I'm not even going to mention the rest of your complaint because it's all filled with complete and udder lies.
Deathbringer
FADW Moderator

Post by Deathbringer »

Look, the only reason you were slain was because you didn't let me ID the body. Yes, I was on high suspicon but the second he died, you decided to kill me without solid evidence. I can see that you saw me kill him and I would of been 100% fine with you killing me if the following happend; I ran away from the un ided, I didn't ID it, OR if I id'd it and he was innocent. But that didn't happen, you just killed me the second he died, not giving me a fair chance. So that's why you got slain.

You got gagged because you were yelling/mic spamming while share was trying to explain why you
got slain.

Also, as Share said, Syn understood and took his punishment, yet you argured with us. Which, if you RDM, even if it's accidental, you can't expect not to be punished.
CadetLink

Post by CadetLink »

I do not see how that is not fare evidence.
I'm fairly certain that if our places where switched, deathbringer, you would be just as angry as me.
i'm not MAD at YOU, death bringer. you where a victim of confusion of my part. i saw it as kill or be killed, whilst i had an ally. i sincerely apologise that this had happened deathbringer, and i would not wish this to any other dedicated player.
As for share, i was not thinking about what had happened before on the Godzilla map, as you had changed your name, and i had steamed down for the ridiculous reasons that i couldn't fly on the plane. i'm sure that most everyone will feel my anger that we cannot fly on the plane because, and i quote "You cannot fly on the plane because it allows you to get to a place that others cannot"
So, like a traitor room, but out in the open? where everyone can shoot you?
As for the mic spamming and the gag, you where constantly interrupting me while i was explaining my side of the story and it seemed to ME like you where trying to shut me up so others don't get an opinion as to witch side they trust more. you then TOLD ME what had happened, contradicting what i had earlier know to be KOS-able. unless the rules have changed since the last time i had played on the server (about 5 hours before this happened) then i do not see myself in the wrong. without thoroughly talking to me, to discuss this, you simply waited until the last possible second to slay me before the next round, and then, and only then did you explain loosely of the "indecent" which, like i said, SHOULD have been met as "confused RDM", no? there was confusion, and i do believe that there WAS a high suspicion on deathbringer BEFORE the indecent. i feel like my actions where justified, and yours, share, was not.
CadetLink

Post by CadetLink »

I would also like to state that when the round that i was slain had started, and you pulled me into another chat to talk about it better than "if your wondering why you where slain, it was because of the deathbringer "indecent" this, like many other people, would get people riled up because you did not explain thoroughly, not leading to THIS. i DID hear what you said, and i DID understand that syn understood, but syn had shot FIRST, so doesn't that mean that share should have been slain, or at least talked to? you did explain, very bluntly, why we where slain, and while i was trying to justify my actions, and yes, i suppose i was mic spamming, you shut me up, told me i was wrong, and said nothing more. that was it. zip, nothing,which is why this topic was created share.
because you where not SPECIFIC enough to a point where it made Sence.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

From what you stated and what share has said,, I think you deserved the slay?

Yeah share could've been a tad more specific about why you were slayed.

I don't know why you are calling for share to be demoted or whatever, but that's way too far over a slap, unjust or just.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

After looking through the logs, Synsilon didn't actually have solid proof (correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like it). The kill of BMFGiant was 6 seconds before Synsilon even shot him (which I assume is the reason of the KOS). Now Deathbringer killed Syn, and that's quite obvious, but the fact that you killed Deathbringer 15 milliseconds after Deathbringer killed Syn is the thing that got you slain. Deathbringer didn't even have time to ID the body, which is what made it RDM. You, Loyalty, do not have to ID it if someone else is closer to it, in this case Deathbringer. If you actually would've let him ID it, and you knew for sure that the body (Syn) was innocent, that wouldn't have gotten you slain, but you didn't let him ID it. And that's the whole thing here.
There's also nothing in the logs that shows that Syn was proven that round.

Code: Select all

L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:29: 02:54.53 - DMG: 	 Deathbringer [traitor] damaged BMFGiant [innocent] for 142 dmg
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:29: 02:54.53 - KILL:	 Deathbringer [traitor] killed BMFGiant [innocent]
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:35: 03:00.38 - DMG: 	 Synsilon [innocent] damaged Deathbringer [traitor] for 40 dmg
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:37: 03:02.62 - DMG: 	 Deathbringer [traitor] damaged Synsilon [innocent] for 189 dmg
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:37: 03:02.62 - KILL:	 Deathbringer [traitor] killed Synsilon [innocent]
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:38: 03:02.76 - DMG: 	 Loyalty [innocent] damaged Deathbringer [traitor] for 8 dmg
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:38: 03:02.86 - DMG: 	 Loyalty [innocent] damaged Deathbringer [traitor] for 14 dmg
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:38: 03:03.59 - DMG: 	 Loyalty [innocent] damaged Deathbringer [traitor] for 14 dmg
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:39: 03:04.11 - DMG: 	 Loyalty [innocent] damaged Deathbringer [traitor] for 14 dmg
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:39: 03:04.22 - DMG: 	 Loyalty [innocent] damaged Deathbringer [traitor] for 14 dmg
L 11/06/2013 - 23:09:39: 03:04.22 - KILL:	 Loyalty [innocent] killed Deathbringer [traitor]
As for the "high suspicion" part. You can't kill on suspicion. While the suspicion may support the fact that he was a T, it doesn't make it proof either way.
Mods/admins also have the right to gag you, if you aren't listening to them while they're trying to explain why you got your punishment. You're allowed to say your opinions, but if a mod/admin is trying to explain to you the reason for your punishment, you shouldn't interrupt them (which is what it seems like you did to me).
I would say that your slay was the right call, because of the fact that it was discussed in admin chat between Share and Deathbringer how the punishments were supposed to be split up, due to how you didn't even let Deathbringer ID the body.

About the whole "not allowed on the plane thing", this is from our 'Message of The Day':

Code: Select all

Cheats/Exploits:
Anyone caught attempting to use an exploit or using a cheat will be punished for doing so. 
Examples would be to use glitches/bugs to get an advantage over other players.
The plane, could be used to spot players from above. Which, in the end, is an advantage over other players, because no one else can actually climb up to the plane.
Flying the plane is not allowed.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!