Permabanned based on assumptions

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
jespercal

Permabanned based on assumptions

Post by jespercal »

So yesterday I was playing on the TTT server for the first time with one of my friends(It was also the first time that my friend had ever played TTT, this server was the first).
We had a pretty good time and didn't break the rules. At least... That's what we thought...
Then the admin Applesauce started implying that my friend and I was ghosting for each other, when that was not at all true.
I have been playing Garry's Mod for around... I believe 4 years, I have had multiple servers myself and been leading a couple of communities, so why on earth would I be ghosting, when I was just trying to play on a server and have fun?

Now, before I get yelled at with "You don't have any proof!"... No, I don't, but I can tell you about the last scene which he considered ghosting, when it was pure coincident and logic.

On the map teenroom or something, a rat map I guess, I was Detective and I was standing on the top of a shelf and my friend somewhere else that I don't know and that's when I heard Applesauce talk to my friend on microphone and he said "Hey! Hey Sonavrda, turn around, stop and look at me"(or something very close to that), then came a few seconds of silence and then he said "Oh, I think Sonavrda was sniped by someone", which I found suspicious.
My natural respond was to go search for my friend's body, because apparently, he didn't identify the body either, which made it even more suspicious.
I then started going down the shelf from the back of it and made my way down to the DVDs in the shelf, where I was actaully planning on going onto the bed from, but that was where I found the body of my friend and when I identified it, it revealed something else, it revealed that my friend was stabbed to death. So I quickly took the DNA from the body and it was point toward someone inside the shelf.
I went toward it and when I came closer, I saw it pointed toward Applesauce. I then shot at him, killed him and won the round.
Afterwards, he had a couple of questions for me, like "How did you know where the body was? How did you know I used that knife?", I then told him I was detective and then I was going to write my expanded explanation, but I only got around 7 seconds, before I then was banned permanent for "Ghosting" and when my friend was just about to ask why he banned me, my friend got banned as well...
I tried to add him to my friendlist afterwards, to send the explanation that way and get it cleared out, but the friend request failed to send, so I guess he blocked me or something.

- My SteamID is STEAM_0:0:15053830
- My friend's SteamID is STEAM_0:0:32388232
syscoord
Banned

Re: Permabanned based on assumptions

Post by syscoord »

well would you care to explain how you did find his body for the rest of us?
and you also called the KOS before you got the DNA
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Code: Select all

L 10/12/2013 - 00:20:34: "=GIN= Dr. Chapman<377><STEAM_0:0:15053830><Team>" say "wow"
L 10/12/2013 - 00:20:39: "=GIN= Dr. Chapman<377><STEAM_0:0:15053830><Team>" say "KOS apple"
L 10/12/2013 - 00:20:46: "[Birthday!] 2-D<374><STEAM_0:1:24938418><Team>" say "no, you walked into iut."
L 10/12/2013 - 00:20:49: 02:07.49 - SAMPLE:	 =GIN= Dr. Chapman retrieved DNA of Applesauce from corpse of =GIN= Sonavrda
This is proof, that you called a KOS on Apple, 10 seconds before you even got the DNA off his body.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
jespercal

Post by jespercal »

Yes, I called the KOS before taking the DNA, because of what I wrote earler:
He said "Hey Sonavrda, hey! Turn around!" and then a few seconds of silence, no shooting, no sniper sound and then he said "Oh, I think someone sniped Sonavrda" and when I found the body, Sonavrda was stabbed and I knew right away that it was Applesauce who did it. It's a matter of logic, putting 2 and 2 together, 2 being "Hey Sonavrda, hey! Turn around!" and "Oh, I think someone sniped Sonavrda" and the other 2 being the fact that Sonavrda got stabbed to death and not shot by a sniper. Also, he was the last person to see Sonavrda alive.

Also, as I also said before, I was originally going toward the bed. Neither my friend or me had played the map before, only a few rounds on the server, so I had no idea how to get anywhere, but I managed to find my way down and randomly passed by the DVDs in the shelf. It was actually only because I was about to fall down, that I noticed the body next to the DVD. No proof of this, but it honestly was pure coincident.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

You still had no right to call a KOS before you DNA'd the body. That was assumptions, and even though it was pretty "clear" that it was Applesauce that knifed him, you need solid proof. I'm willing to reduce your ban, but please keep in mind that you need to have proper proof before KOSing someone next time. We don't allow false KOS'ing on the server.

I reduced your bans to a week (that means a week from the time you originally got banned).
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

It think it would possibly help to see the time Apple stabbed the guy, and the time this guy found it.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

:!:
Last edited by hawkiee552 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Applesauce

Post by Applesauce »

Yet that was not the only possibly. I could have distracted him for a T to knife him, another T could have thrown it, there are many more. The location of that map it could be very easy for someone to knife him and it look like I did it, or he was sniped. However the kos isn't the problem, the problem is that he found a body as well as 2 other incidents that seemed pike ghosting:
1.) Killed a person on westwood based on a gun; only one killed was his friend. Did not see the shooting as I recall is what he said
2.) Killed Maugrin in a similar situation as the first, again only one dead was his friend if I recall that incident correctly
3.) Finding the body in an out of the way area by what he said was chance.
Now correct me if I am wrong in thinking this was proof enough for a ghosting ban because I am new to moderating, and would like to know what is or isn't for a ghosting ban.
Now the dark begins to rise, save your breath it's far from over. Find the lost and dead inside; now's your chance to run for cover...I don't want to change the world, I just want to leave it colder, so light the fuse and burn it up, take the path that leads to heaven. I will not bow.
jespercal

Post by jespercal »

Applesauce wrote:1.) Killed a person on westwood based on a gun; only one killed was his friend. Did not see the shooting as I recall is what he said
2.) Killed Maugrin in a similar situation as the first, again only one dead was his friend if I recall that incident correctly
3.) Finding the body in an out of the way area by what he said was chance.
- The first one is very easily explained. My friend and I went both into the same place, seen as we mostly follow each other around. Then when I went upstairs in the building, my friend went outside, which I saw a quick glimpse of. Outside were the traitor also I guess and my friend then got killed. I always play with sounds when I play(I use a headset, which makes sounds extra loud) and I could hear something outside, something like a shot and when I then went down and was just opening the door to go outside, this guy just stood in the door and looked at me, blocking my way, but I could clearly see behind him that there were laying one-two bodies on the ground, unidentified of course, so I shot him and I was right, he was a traitor and he had just killed my friend seconds before I came.

- I can't remember the second one.

- The third was pure coincidence as mentioned before, seen as I was going toward the bed to search there, but was close at falling(I had only for the first time just tried that map on the server, so I knew nothing about how to get anywhere) and then noticed the body.

If you ask me, then perhaps yes, it could be seen as ghosting, but I think the only reason you thought of that here, is because my friend and me had the same community-tag in our names.

(Also very seriously, as I have also mentioned before, I have been running a TTT server myself for almost 2 years, so I know the rules of TTT very well. So considering I joined the server to have fun, then it pretty much would be like hammering a nail into my own foot)