Prop Damage

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
DLC for Half Life 3

Prop Damage

Post by DLC for Half Life 3 »

Earlier today, me and BMF giant were trying to push the same prop in opposite directions. I damaged him a bit he damaged me a lot. I got into an argument with some of the new moderators. When I tried to shoot him for putting me down 31 health I was blamed for doing 20 damage. BMF wasn't even part of the argument, he basically sat there and acted like he did nothing (I might not have seen him say anything either because I wasn't looking at chat). It made me very frustrated because people not getting punished for damaging/killing me gets me really mad, I would like to know what amount of damage is slayable/killable or slapable.
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Re: Prop Damage

Post by TheRedDuncan »

The thing with prop damage is it's not (or at least most of the time) in the damage logs, so if someone did actually hit someone with a prop, we (usually) can't tell who did it.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Also, if you were also messing with the same exact prop that he was, you don't really have a valid reason to damage him. Because of the prop physics of Garry's Mod (or Source engine in general), no one can really control a prop if two people (or more) are messing with it.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DLC for Half Life 3

Alex wrote:Also, if you were also messing with the same exact prop that he was, you don't really have a valid reason to damage him. Because of the prop physics of Garry's Mod (or Source engine in general), no one can really control a prop if two people (or more) are messing with it.
It was a big table. We were moving it with 2 smaller props.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

DLC for Half Life 3 wrote:
Alex wrote:Also, if you were also messing with the same exact prop that he was, you don't really have a valid reason to damage him. Because of the prop physics of Garry's Mod (or Source engine in general), no one can really control a prop if two people (or more) are messing with it.
It was a big table. We were moving it with 2 smaller props.
It doesn't change my point. If it's a big prop, it's even worse when it comes to physics.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

lol physics
the gravitional force is 9.8 meters a second in real life
so for every Second u drop down 9.8 meters
which is alot compared to the moon
don't mess with gravity! or it will mess with u first!
in fact its messing with u right now
I love bicycling.
Kat the Dark Ninja

Post by Kat the Dark Ninja »

I want to bring up also that on crummycradle you ran under props that Heavens Peak had every right to drop, you keep telling him to stop it and yet you still ran under the props getting damage and eventualy killed. When that happened you called rdm/prop kill at the end of the round to get him slayed. Also you said he had no right to move/drop props out of a building which in TTT you can move props out of your way or move them period to a whole new area. Also I watched you kill your self with the props Heavens Peak was moving.
Dark Ninja
DLC for Half Life 3

Its not letting me quote but im talking to kat. I told him to stop dropping chairs. He didn't stop dropping chairs so I called rdm. I bet many people would've done the same if I dropped chairs on their heads... Just sayin...
Kat the Dark Ninja

Post by Kat the Dark Ninja »

DLC for Half Life 3 wrote:Its not letting me quote but im talking to kat. I told him to stop dropping chairs. He didn't stop dropping chairs so I called rdm. I bet many people would've done the same if I dropped chairs on their heads... Just sayin...
You deliberately ran under them as he droped them which makes it your fault, so you had no reason to call rdm he even threw one where it wasnt next to you and you still ran to it trying to get hit by it.
Dark Ninja