Moderators slapping themselves

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
TheOnlyShare

Moderators slapping themselves

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Alright, I know this isn't professional, or the right use of the command, but there was mods on today that were slapping themselves for 99 damage for no reason whatsoever. They just slapped themself, and thought it was Ok to do it. I feel like it's abuse of the slap command, or that's just me. I was recently told that I shouldn't ask to be slapped, because mods weren't supposed to do that, but seeing mods doing it today, especially new mods. Anywho, I'm not naming names unless asked by a private message. Thanks!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Re: Moderators slapping themselves

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Usually it's fine (IMO) when it's used as a joke every few maps, or for fun post round and everyone has a good laugh. :)
But if yr slapping yrself a whole lot every round every map then it is actual abuse of the slap command. There's been talks about the slapping before (New mods should read that topic) and it's not okay to do that like you've been saying, as we want to keep at least a semi-professional image and not just act like people who have commands.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I'd like to know who it is, please tell me through a Steam message or something.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

If it continues to be a problem, I will make a rule that will not allow it for mods.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

I slap myself for fun (have it bound to "i") in some rounds with 0 damage, but I don't know if that's the same thing.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

it is
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Hello and welcome
FADW Moderator

Post by Hello and welcome »

Some others were playing with one play. (Rest were staff.) We started slapping each other just to mess around. (There were 6 people on.)
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Well I learned from Alex to do so. :lol:
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

hawkiee552 wrote:Well I learned from Alex to do so. :lol:
I did in fact only do that like once (at least the slapping thing), and Deth posted about stuff like that (Chill pill post in the mod discussion if you wanna see it, hawkiee).
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Once? This is several months ago, in fact, half a year ago, when we both did it.

And yes, I've seen it.