Pokemon Showdown.

If you want to talk about random things, this is the place, enjoy!
DA KID

Re: Pokemon Showdown.

Post by DA KID »

Can someone give me a pokemon 101? I have no idea what you are talking about in terms of OU And über. I tried to look at pokemon showdown, but it confused me because of that.
What the.......Did I win?
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

it's ok, you couldn't possibly understand what we're talking about..

Ew. Hipsters. Remind me to never do this again.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Tell me plz
What the.......Did I win?
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Competitive pokémon sorts pokemon out in different their potential. If a pokemon is uber, it is banned from competitive play, and can not be used in official turnaments unless it is a specified uber tournament. Then you have OU (Overused), which is the most played tier, the unofficial "borderline" for pokemon who could be good in UU (Underused) but are officially placed in OU, beneath UU is RU (RarelyUsed) and then at the bottom, (NU). Tournaments always have a tier cap, which prevent you from using OP pokemon. You are allowed to use pokemon from lower tiers than what tier is used, but not higher. For example. I'm in a OU tournament, I can't use Rayquaza, who is Uber. I can use an UU Charizard if I want to.
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

There are also something called "little cup" where you can only use pre-evelutions, and challenge cup, where you are assigned a randomized team.
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Last edited by TheRedDuncan on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

What a sweep, lol.. ;D
Kirito

Post by Kirito »

TheRedDuncan wrote:I'm gonna do what Share's doing and post my victories here.

Also, I have two new teams to battle you Share, we need to get together and settle this like pokemon nerds!

Wins: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogo ... s-47941717
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogo ... s-47951274
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogo ... s-47955179
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogo ... s-47961809
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogo ... s-47962837
:)
"Life isn’t so bad. It’s not so bad."
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

I totally would have gotten you if Turbocect wasn't paralyzed all the time, that, and upgrading my team.
EDIT: I FORGOT TO RESET MY IV'S FOR BOTH TURBOCECT AND LILLIGANT. UGH. (Turbo had a few physical before he went all special, so I left some regular ATK IVs. And lilligant had none.)
(I had ice beam, flamethrower, signal beam or other bug type move, and Thunderbolt on my Turbocect BTW)
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

TheOnlyShare wrote:I see absolutely no point in raising Special attack, if he doesn't have a special attack move, I'm putting more on Spc defence and attack
Okay, I just remembered this happened.
The same thing happened with my genecect, I gave blaziken a special move, but I replaced it with flare blitz. I forgot to change the IV's, and I think I thought that it was a special move or something like that.
Opposite happened to my genecect, where I gave it a physical, but gave it special moves.
So yeah, thanks for catching that for me.

Anyway, sweet sweep with dat Espeon. (N00BOPHAX!!!!!)