"Innapropriate names" - Different admin views

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
unicow2945

Re: "Innapropriate names" - Different admin views

Post by unicow2945 »

Im_Soul wrote:Well there this one guy I see a bit named "SexyCanadian" or something like that. Every time he is on I am spammed with 'omg that guy needs to change name. 'soul guy with bad name'. Yeah Umm guys. Sexy isn't a bad word, so some people need to just grow up. Also the names were bad, as was yours because it references drugs/substances.
I agree with scourge, maybe a table with some of the more borderline things (we obviously don't need a list of swear words) that should be considered passable/non-passable. I've been warning everyone that has "sex","sexy", "sexual", or really any form of the word sex in a different context then gender to change their name. This sorta backs up what scourge was saying about the staff having different opinions, and I see how that would get frustrating from time to time if what i'm enforcing is different from what you (Soul) or other staff members are enforcing.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Kyuenmaru

Re: "Innapropriate names" - Different admin views

Post by Kyuenmaru »

If there's someone who is borderline, I usually ask the players in the game if they find it inappropriate. If at least pne guy does, and it's not because of a grudge on mr. borderline, I kick him.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.