"Innapropriate names" - Different admin views

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
Giga-bite.exe

"Innapropriate names" - Different admin views

Post by Giga-bite.exe »

Okay so...this rant is probably going to make mods/admins mad at me and I'm more than likely going to get told off...
But
Where is the line on whether a name is okay or not?
Two people were on today
MyNipples (Who then changed his name to MyVibrater and then MyLeftOne)
And iSpankMyself
Now, those names aren't very family friendly
And when I asked one of the two admins on about it, they didn't reply. They didn't say anything. They were both active but nothing was being said or done.
So I kindly asked them to change their names to something family friendly
To which one admin replies "Their names are fine. They're borderline. Not crossing the line."
Now, I feel that's untrue. "MyNipples" and "iSpankMyself"? I feel like those are over the line.
And there's another reasoning behind this post that this incident reminded me of: SeductiveToast. He was told by some admins that his name was okay, and then by some to change it.
So, if each admin has his/her own opinion on whether a name is "okay" or not, how can we really tell if a name is "okay"?
I feel there needs to be a specific, set line on what a name should not cross. If it crosses that line (regardless of specific opinion), it's a kick and a warning.
:/

{edit} I wanted to test something, so I changed my name to my other-server-trolling name (xXxMLG B0nGH1tzxXx), and was immediately told by an admin (who was off the server at the time) to be careful with my name. I had the name for about 15 rounds before an admin (the same admin who said the other two's names were okay) told me to change it because it was bad.
So...how did I cross the line, while the others didn't? (Except one admin kicked the one guy for having "MyVibrater" as his name, which is when he came back with MyLeftOne)
Attachments
police-line-do-not-cross-tape-14746593.png
police-line-do-not-cross-tape-14746593.png (272.74 KiB) Viewed 2956 times
KJ9898

Re: "Innapropriate names" - Different admin views

Post by KJ9898 »

I actually kinda agree with this, most of the time i go by my best judgement as far as if it is inappropriate or not and if it is borderline and i don't know what to do about it i ask a more senior guardian/admin what they think and go by whatever they say. It would be kinda nice to have a set line as to what is ok and what is not but that is kinda hard because of all the different things people put in their names. As far as why you were asked to change your name it was because it was a drug reference which is considered bad no matter what.
Giga-bite.exe

Post by Giga-bite.exe »

KJ9898 wrote:I actually kinda agree with this, most of the time i go by my best judgement as far as if it is inappropriate or not and if it is borderline and i don't know what to do about it i ask a more senior guardian/admin what they think and go by whatever they say. It would be kinda nice to have a set line as to what is ok and what is not but that is kinda hard because of all the different things people put in their names. As far as why you were asked to change your name it was because it was a drug reference which is considered bad no matter what.
Yeah I know. Which is exactly what the admin who was on at the time said.
The thing being, said admin was the same one who was okay with "MyNipples", "MyVibrater", "MyLeftOne", and "iSpankMyself"
Which is the only reason this point annoys me even more.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Me too their was a person name kinky something I forgot and they didn't do anything................
I mean if they knew what it means they probably stop it but yea.....
and many other names that go by............
I love bicycling.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Well there this one guy I see a bit named "SexyCanadian" or something like that. Every time he is on I am spammed with 'omg that guy needs to change name. 'soul guy with bad name'. Yeah Umm guys. Sexy isn't a bad word, so some people need to just grow up. Also the names were bad, as was yours because it references drugs/substances.
Giga-bite.exe

Post by Giga-bite.exe »

Im_Soul wrote:Well there this one guy I see a bit named "SexyCanadian" or something like that. Every time he is on I am spammed with 'omg that guy needs to change name. 'soul guy with bad name'. Yeah Umm guys. Sexy isn't a bad word, so some people need to just grow up. Also the names were bad, as was yours because it references drugs/substances.
I'm not saying sexy is a bad word. And this is another reason we need a line.
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

As this situation stands, I think we need some more detailed guidelines for what's ok or not. If Deth or a guardian would spare the time to do it.. Fantastic.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I'll talk to Deth about some guidelines, and a thread is probably going to get created in the mod discussion.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

I'd like to know who the admin was at the time, PM me. Even though we don't have a really set standard, that still should've been obvious to them that it was innapropriate.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Giga-bite.exe

Post by Giga-bite.exe »

Deth V wrote:I'd like to know who the admin was at the time, PM me. Even though we don't have a really set standard, that still should've been obvious to them that it was innapropriate.
PM'd, even though I was trying to leave names out of it to prevent anyone from getting in trouble...