Trolls & RDMers

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Port_A_Build

Trolls & RDMers

Post by Port_A_Build »

Today, a troll spree went on. 3 or 4 trolls came on and trolled and RDMed. So annoying. I come on to have fun and they're swearing and killing people. They all got banned eventually, but COME ON! If you're going to ruin someone else's fun, do you really have to bring your friends along? And do they really have to ruin someone else's fun? We need some plugin that bans known trolls. I don't think one exists, though. Google didn't help. Which means someone (named Port_A_Build) has to code one (with no Lua knowledge). Suppose I should get on that...
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Trolls & RDMers

Post by Alex »

I don't see how that plugin would work. That would basically require the plugin to connect to some database, extract Steam ID's from that database, and basically have them banned on the server. And as far as I know, there's absolutely no real database where trolls are written up, except for a few servers that have private ones.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Well, You'd probably have to partner with other servers, Which would be kind of hard for us considering that this is a family friendly community.
What the.......Did I win?
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

DA KID wrote:Well, You'd probably have to partner with other servers, Which would be kind of hard for us considering that this is a family friendly community.
Yes as well as other servers have very odd standards. I wish GMod had something like MCbans (for minecraft).
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

Even if we could set up a working system that instantly bans without admins on, there's still the problem with people who wouldn't have misbehaved getting tossed out in the snow and people who were given non-perma bans (so they COULD join back) getting locked out of FADW. This system would undermine a lot of the rules that the mods/admin/guardians/cacti follow, so unless we had a radical change in the server's punishment polices then i don't see this happening.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

unicow2945 wrote:Even if we could set up a working system that instantly bans without admins on, there's still the problem with people who wouldn't have misbehaved getting tossed out in the snow and people who were given non-perma bans (so they COULD join back) getting locked out of FADW. This system would undermine a lot of the rules that the mods/admin/guardians/cacti follow, so unless we had a radical change in the server's punishment polices then i don't see this happening.
Trolls: 1
Port_A_Build: 0
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

A bunch of troll sprees went on last week.

I think we've been targeted.

Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Maybe. Or it could just be a coincidence.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!