Ghetto Hidden

For Discussions and Suggestions for the GMOD Servers
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Ghetto Hidden

Post by Alex »

So I've decided to start working on this thing again. Although, I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do.

Any suggestions would be nice, and I would also like some candidates eventually (NOT NOW) to help me test out.

The info is, as it has always been, located by clicking here
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Sign me up if (or when) you need someone to help.

Hmmm, suggestions, eh?

Well, if you cant have Flashbangs, you could try having a "sticky mine". It doesn't do damage, and it stops the player from moving for a few seconds, they can still aim and shoot though.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

So yeah, I updated the original post with some info. Please read.

Also, your suggestions, Duncan. I haven't added them to the documentation thingy yet, but I will when I start getting "un-lazy".
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

New version requires new suggestions, even if I have to wait for you to get un-lazy.

So a new "Hidden" weapon, "The Claw" Replaces slot one (Crowbar) and basically does more damage, (Like from 20 to 30 or 40. Whatever works) and also, each hit does knockback (about half a crowbar push or something) and right clicking basically throws the Hunter away and doesn't do damage.

Other Hidden weapon would be a "poison trap". This is gonna be a tricky one to put in, and if it's too hard/impossible using the format then just say: "Nope"
What it does is it poisons a single HP station, and the first Hunter to use it starts to take damage after he stops using it, (Basically setting him on fire) and the HP station he got poisoned from will no longer heal him, but using a different one will stop the poison. (If that second part is too hard then you can ignore that)

Last Hidden weapon (FOR_NOW) is just pills. Heals about 20 HP.

And a hunter weapon, The Bright Mark I. A handgun that has only a few shots (like 6 or 7), after hitting something (Prop, player, door etc), whatever it hits gives off a small 'pulse' for a few seconds.
And Mark II, One shot, it explodes after it finishes blinking. It can also damage fellow Hunters!

And I may secretly be working on a banner/icon. Right now I'm going through my bro's 200ish fonts (you need a good font if yr gonna have a good banner)
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

TheRedDuncan wrote:So a new "Hidden" weapon, "The Claw" Replaces slot one (Crowbar) and basically does more damage, (Like from 20 to 30 or 40. Whatever works) and also, each hit does knockback (about half a crowbar push or something) and right clicking basically throws the Hunter away and doesn't do damage.
Shouldn't be too hard to do, I'll work on it (at least try).
Something that might be an issue is the model and such for it.
TheRedDuncan wrote:Other Hidden weapon would be a "poison trap". This is gonna be a tricky one to put in, and if it's too hard/impossible using the format then just say: "Nope"
What it does is it poisons a single HP station, and the first Hunter to use it starts to take damage after he stops using it, (Basically setting him on fire) and the HP station he got poisoned from will no longer heal him, but using a different one will stop the poison. (If that second part is too hard then you can ignore that)
This will definitely be a tricky one, considering how it's gonna work. I think I have some sort of idea of it, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to fully make it.
Although, I'll try like... after all the other functions work, to see if I can get this working.
TheRedDuncan wrote:Last Hidden weapon (FOR_NOW) is just pills. Heals about 20 HP.
Maybe it would be cool to have it heal more the lower you are? I thought may have been a cool idea.
Models might be an issue here too, but I'll probably be able to find something on Garrysmod.org.
TheRedDuncan wrote:And a hunter weapon, The Bright Mark I. A handgun that has only a few shots (like 6 or 7), after hitting something (Prop, player, door etc), whatever it hits gives off a small 'pulse' for a few seconds.
And Mark II, One shot, it explodes after it finishes blinking. It can also damage fellow Hunters!
The effects might be tricky to implement, though, I guess I'll put it up with the poison trap as an "After everything else is done" addition.
TheRedDuncan wrote:And I may secretly be working on a banner/icon. Right now I'm going through my bro's 200ish fonts (you need a good font if yr gonna have a good banner)
Awesome!
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

If I did that, it would still ruin the point of Hidden. As a Hidden, you're not supposed to be able to shoot anything, although as of right now (Version 0.0.1) you can still pick up weapons. I haven't worked on anything to be able to prevent Hidden from using second slot weapons, probably gonna add something to spawn when you get chosen. I also have to work on something so you drop your weapons when you get chosen as Hidden, but yeah. It's only in V0.0.1.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Why not make an SG That makes them visible for a few seconds upon shooting it?
What the.......Did I win?
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

10 minutes of MSpaint, add some GIMP effects, blur it, and BAM. Prototype icon is done. Let me know what you think, if you don't like the colors, way it's going, font, size. Whatever it is, give me feedback. ALL OF YOUS. Except you.
I would have done it faster, but school, my cat, and having to traverse the attic got in the way. Banner prototype's happening tonight if I can find the time.
Attachments
Bigger bro.
Bigger bro.
GHonegimpedbro.JPG (7.07 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Tiny bro.
Tiny bro.
GHonetiny.JPG (1.31 KiB) Viewed 2677 times

TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Suggestion! Rambo mode.

You run around holding a knife (Rambo mode is a knife).

Pros :
-You run a little faster while holding the knife (15% faster)
-It's a knife, more damage
-The knife never goes away.
-The knife does 50 damage.

Cons :
-Once you buy Rambo mode, you can't switch out of it. (AKA, you have to use the knife forever until you die.
-You instantly take 75 damage from using Rambo mode, leaving you very deadly, and vulnerable
-Since you are faster, more of a chance you'll miss the target.
Last edited by TheOnlyShare on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Can I help test? Please?
What the.......Did I win?