Troll KOSing

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Port_A_Build

Troll KOSing

Post by Port_A_Build »

I hate troll KOSing. If someone calls a KOS on themselves and I miss the name, I get slain next round. There have been multiple times where I've almost killed a Detective because someone's troll KOSing. I've actually been shot because a troll KOS was called and I followed it only to realize that it was a troll KOS. I hate troll KOSing. (Don't we keep chat logs?)
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Troll KOSing

Post by Deth V »

we have long text chat logs, I don't really go through them often though.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

It's also very annoying when people KOS the detective, and I'm about to mark him with "KILL".. And then I realize he's the detective. That joke isn't funny anymore. It's more overused than "over 9000".
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Welll. I think one of the things that sparked this was that last night, I said this:

"Soul™:kooos sool"

And get shot. On my T round.

Now in my mind, that's obviously being sarcastic. Also, I have NO problem with 'Troll KOS's". People have been doing these FOREVER, and I have rarely seen anyone get killed for doing it. Most people even have binds to call themselves traitors! In my defense for this, is it really a big deal to check the name? No, it's not. Are you in such a hurry to kill the T and save the day that you cant take less than a second to glance over the name, and not kill someone just trying to have a good time?
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

I really don't like it when people troll-KOS others in text chat though. If it isn't in a special situation, it's IMPOSSIBLE to spot sarcasm. Especially if people use binds.

Spot the difference:

"Kyúen is a traitor!"
"Kyúen is a traitor!"

This has made me take text chat KOS much less seriously, and I usually just ignore them. Don't get mad at people for not recognizing your KOS if you don't have a mic. Blame the people doing false KOS instead.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

So obvious and intentional misspelling is not enough to realize that i'm joking? So if I go like 'koSS Koooyeenn' people won't think that's a joke?
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

I was speaking about general kos's using the TTT binds, not about you. Sorry if my words were chosen badly. #Norwegianness
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Well KOS'S on other players for jokes is not ok with me. If it's on yourself, or even on the Detective, im prettmy much OK with it.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Im_Soul wrote:Welll. I think one of the things that sparked this was that last night, I said this:

"Soul™:kooos sool"

And get shot. On my T round.

Now in my mind, that's obviously being sarcastic. Also, I have NO problem with 'Troll KOS's". People have been doing these FOREVER, and I have rarely seen anyone get killed for doing it. Most people even have binds to call themselves traitors! In my defense for this, is it really a big deal to check the name? No, it's not. Are you in such a hurry to kill the T and save the day that you cant take less than a second to glance over the name, and not kill someone just trying to have a good time?
I remember that... :P
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

lol

What ppl do if they are not troll kosing is say the kos multiple times..........

But at the same time ppl say the kos several time after u lol

and make the kos.............

Sometime when im T i say THEIR WAS A KOS ON HIM lol
I love bicycling.