Dubstep.

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Dubstep.

Post by hawkiee552 »

[/rant]
I litterally HATE this music genre and the popularity it has gotten from 2009/10 until now.

I shiver when I think about it, and it shouldn't even be called a "music" genre, because it's more of robots or toasters that spazzes out with weird noises complete with a simple beat ontop. There are different types and levels of the "wubwub-ness", but anyhow I can't stand it no matter what. It's really dissapointing to hear an awesome intro to a song, thinking that this song is going to be awesome further on, but then the famous "drop" appears and I skip to the next song faster than the human reaction (which is 200ms). These so called 'intros' builds up to be a relaxing song, or some Drum 'n' Bass-like, which I actually enjoy. I've been listening to Drum 'n' Bass a long time now, and in some playlists there actually are Drum 'n' Bass songs with the WUBS!! I hate it, they take a genre, which is based on rythm and shove the wobbly and ugly form of bass (which is weak as crap) and ruin the whole song, even though the intro was great!

Most people that listen to this genre are from my experience 12-13 year old boys who either has a PSN nametag like this: zZPr0f3zz10n41_qu1ck5c0p3Zz who plays Call of Duty all day "quickscoping", older people (or other 12-13 year olds which don't play CoD) who have just jumped on the bandwagon because everyone else does it and it's "cool" and at last those who really enjoy the music genre, which I respect. I respect those who enjoys the music, but I do NOT respect those who listen to dubstep because his/her friends does it or because "everyone else" seem to do it. That includes everything, people who blindly does something without thinking should get a slap in the face and thought a lesson. When is this music period going to stop? Commercials and games like Far Cry 3 use dubstep in their music, that's why I turned the music OFF before I played it. Geez.

Also, people claim that dubstep has "the best bass ever" (real quote here, not giving names) but this is FALSE. The "wubs" or whatever they're called are sooo high up in the frequency, and they're too weak to be even noticed on i.e a 12" subwoofer. Want real bass? Play some Drum 'n' Bass, old school hip-hop, crunk, and heck, even music focused on bass such as artists like Bass Mekanik, Beat Dominator and King of Bass.

[/rant fin]
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Kyuenmaru

Re: Dubstep.

Post by Kyuenmaru »

hawkiee552 wrote:[/rant]
I litterally HATE this music genre and the popularity it has gotten from 2009/10 until now.

I shiver when I think about it, and it shouldn't even be called a "music" genre, because it's more of robots or toasters that spazzes out with weird noises complete with a simple beat ontop. There are different types and levels of the "wubwub-ness", but anyhow I can't stand it no matter what. It's really dissapointing to hear an awesome intro to a song, thinking that this song is going to be awesome further on, but then the famous "drop" appears and I skip to the next song faster than the human reaction (which is 200ms). These so called 'intros' builds up to be a relaxing song, or some Drum 'n' Bass-like, which I actually enjoy. I've been listening to Drum 'n' Bass a long time now, and in some playlists there actually are Drum 'n' Bass songs with the WUBS!! I hate it, they take a genre, which is based on rythm and shove the wobbly and ugly form of bass (which is weak as crap) and ruin the whole song, even though the intro was great!

Most people that listen to this genre are from my experience 12-13 year old boys who either has a PSN nametag like this: zZPr0f3zz10n41_qu1ck5c0p3Zz who plays Call of Duty all day "quickscoping", older people (or other 12-13 year olds which don't play CoD) who have just jumped on the bandwagon because everyone else does it and it's "cool" and at last those who really enjoy the music genre, which I respect. I respect those who enjoys the music, but I do NOT respect those who listen to dubstep because his/her friends does it or because "everyone else" seem to do it. That includes everything, people who blindly does something without thinking should get a slap in the face and thought a lesson. When is this music period going to stop? Commercials and games like Far Cry 3 use dubstep in their music, that's why I turned the music OFF before I played it. Geez.

Also, people claim that dubstep has "the best bass ever" (real quote here, not giving names) but this is FALSE. The "wubs" or whatever they're called are sooo high up in the frequency, and they're too weak to be even noticed on i.e a 12" subwoofer. Want real bass? Play some Drum 'n' Bass, old school hip-hop, crunk, and heck, even music focused on bass such as artists like Bass Mekanik, Beat Dominator and King of Bass.

[/rant fin]
*applause* ... nvm that *crowd goes wild*
Need any donations for your next article? This is fantastic.

This is also going to make it a lot easier for me when I'm going to post a rant about the stereotypical gamer.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Kyuenmaru wrote: *applause* ... nvm that *crowd goes wild*
Need any donations for your next article? This is fantastic.

This is also going to make it a lot easier for me when I'm going to post a rant about the stereotypical gamer.
This rant was pretty much sterotypical, but I am referring to those who jump on the bandwagon, not those who actually listen to dubstep for a valid reason, I'm fine with that. But take a look around on YouTube, all those CoD montages. Almost every. single. one. uses overedited effects and annoying dubstep.

I remember my friend went to Italia, and a steriotypical point of view towards italians is that they wave their arms with their hand pinched while they scream "Mamma Mia!" and surprisingly, he saw two italians argue like that! At the end one of the two persons actually said "Mamma Mia!" :O

It's funny how steriotypical stuff can actually be true, and i.e when you go to a country and see it yourselves.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

hawkiee552 wrote:I've been listening to Drum 'n' Bass a long time now, and in some playlists there actually are Drum 'n' Bass songs with the WUBS!!
If you've found some playlists with songs like that, that are supposed to be DnB playlists, they have just named the playlist wrong.
There is actually a genre that is (basically) a mix of dubstep and DnB. Drumstep. You can probably understand why it's named like that, and to be honest I like some songs that are in the drumstep genre. Mostly, they don't have the hardcore drops with overdone wubs, I even enjoy listening to some of the "new-generation" dubstep, but there are those songs I just can't stand listening to. Most of these new-generation dubstep songs that I listen to, are usually released under Monstercat, and they upload a variety of EDM sub-genres.

I have to say: If it wasn't for our music teacher back in 4th-7th grade (maybe longer), I probably never would've found dubstep, and it has brung both tears and joy because of how bad/good songs are produced (Hawkiee & Kyuen, you both know who the heck I'm talking about...).

So although I agree with some of your points, especially about the persons just following the mainstream (#Hipzt3r4Lyf), I have to disagree slightly about all those drops in songs just ruining it. They do, for like 60% of them, but the 40% that's left are decently good.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

It seems like I'm the only one in my church my age that doesn't play call of duty >.< Anyway, I like dubstep, But I don't listen to it all the time, Because Switchfoot is better (Go listen to them)
What the.......Did I win?
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Post by Nerd »

WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB BZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WUB WUB.... WUB.......... WUB............. WUB

chillstep is so much nicer imo
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Dubstep = Autotuned blender
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Post by Nerd »

Still a better love story than twilight

..but of course..

VOCALOID ALL THE WAY!!!! :D :ugeek:
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

Nerd wrote:
I'm not saying I want you to make a romance novel about dubstep and a blender...BUT IF YOU DID....id read it.

EDIT: Probably more then once.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Nerd wrote:

..but of course..

VOCALOID ALL THE WAY!!!! :D :ugeek:
#No.
What the.......Did I win?