Vatican Rant [probably offensive to catholics]

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Vatican Rant [probably offensive to catholics]

Post by Nerd »

If you are catholic and reading this, I advise you on the contrary, because you'll probably get angry at me or something... :D

So Roman Catholicism really gets on my nerves and annoys me a lot, and so I was just reading the news and:

"The Vatican has taken another step in its efforts to embrace social media by offering "indulgences" to followers of Pope Francis' (@Pontifex) Twitter account. Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera reports that the church will reduce the time Catholics have to spend in purgatory if they follow official Vatican events on TV, radio, and through social media."

So you get indulgences to spend less time in purgatory (the catholic idea of the 'half-way point between heaven and earth') if you follow the pope on twitter? seems legit...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/17/45310 ... -purgatory

And for the record, none of this made up catholic crap about indulgences etc relating to being saved or purgatory's existence is ever mentioned in the Bible.. it's just stuff made up by catholics and it really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, annoys me. But of course, they would be the ones to do something this crazy xD.

well I guess this gives a whole new meaning to the "like to save a life" posts on facebook, even though it's twitter.. but still.......... I don't wanna live on this planet any more q_q

Just getting that out there.

Disclaimer: If you were offended by this post, I did say it would probably be offensive so don't get angry at me.... orrrr create rant against this rant :)
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
flam

Re: Vatican Rant [probably offensive to catholics]

Post by flam »

i agree i think the catholic church should spend less time talking about purgatory and more time using their vast amounts of money to help people in need i know they do this already but man the church makes more than they need
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

If more than anything, that article just made me laugh. Hard. As solid steel.
Sorry if that offended anyone.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Todays society, that's the reason I believe. It even affects the catholics, great.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.