Custom Equipment in the TTT Server

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
grayscare0
FADW Admin

Custom Equipment in the TTT Server

Post by grayscare0 »

If I recall correctly, there are two custom equipments on the TTT server (the traitor's AK47 and the detective's revolver). The AK47 is the example one BKU made I believe, but the icon does not display properly in the "c" menu. Also, it is overpowered (high damage, 45 shots, high rate of fire, pretty accurate, refillable ammo). There really aren't many flaws; it's just an upgraded primary that takes up the primary equipment slot (letting you hold another primary weapon and a secondary as well for serious firepower). Being a traitor is not about firepower. It is about deception and stealth. Manipulating others; not being revealed. The revolver, on the other hand, I'm not 100% sure about in terms of effectiveness, but there's no animation. I would highly suggest just throwing these out along with anything else custom; vanilla TTT is a dying breed that needs saving, and nothing would really be "lost" in so doing.

In my experience, the following settings are optimal for encouraging professional, balanced traitor versus innocent play:
Haste mode--a must!
A fairly long preround timer (maybe 45 seconds) to prevent "shadowing" players with a shotgun
No postround damage (it's distracting when you're trying to investigate the rationale for who killed who)
Telefrags (humorous, and the killed definitely deserves it)
Vanilla karma, ratios, and credits (besides the fact that detectives should NOT get credits on traitor death, but rather traitor kill...this can interfere with the identification of bodies and such)
Slightly extended magneto stick range for picking up weapons that are stuck
Vanilla stringing up of bodies (traitor only)
If you use Fretta voting, make sure it is only for the map, not gametype
No grenade throwing during preparation (can easily ruin rounds and be used by griefers)
No experimental settings (dying shot, detective hats, 3D voice, etc)
Vanilla name change kick system
Vanilla knife

Just listing the majority of them out. These settings alone do much to stop griefing, especially when combined with an admin (and I'd recommend having admin name colors the same as everyone else's so they don't instantly know whether they are being watched or not). They're definitely tried and true. If you have any questions, just ask me. Thanks.
IwinUloseLOL

Re: Custom Equipment in the TTT Server

Post by IwinUloseLOL »

Too much thinking xD
The snake who'd held the world
a stick, a carrot and a string
was crushed beneath the foot
of your not wanting anything!!!!
grayscare0
FADW Admin

Post by grayscare0 »

Also, the server appears to be stuck at the moment. It will not change maps from Nexus. Not sure why.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Sounds like a SM issue, I will have to look into it

~Deth V
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."