The TTT Server

For Discussions and Suggestions for the GMOD Servers
grayscare0
FADW Admin

The TTT Server

Post by grayscare0 »

Hello everyone. Recently I've been playing on your TTT server quite a bit and I really like the rules you guys have. However, when I play, usually someone joins and does not respect the rules (uses foul language, RDMs, etc). I have not seen any mods or admins (or I have, I didn't realize it), which is a shame. Just wanted to point that out.

I myself led a community in TTT for about 6 months off and on (The Absolute Gaming/Traitors Anonymous; at one point we were close to the top 100 in GMOD), have quite a bit of experience in TTT, and also have been active on the TTT forums. I would be glad to help if you would like me to; whether it's for advice on server settings and rules, moderation, or anything really. It's overall been a pleasure playing on your server and I hope steps are taken to clean it up a bit. Thanks.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: The TTT Server

Post by Alex »

I'll tell Deth (the owner) to check the logs whenever he gets on.
I guess people doesn't understand that rules are made to be followed.
Thanks for 'reporting' this.

-Alex
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
grayscare0
FADW Admin

Post by grayscare0 »

No problem. Main thing seems to be the lack of mods.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

When I get home I will see if I can get a few things sorted out, I apologize for the lack of mods. The reasons why we don't have a lot of mods right now is some of us are on vacation and there was also the general lack of need for mods (because the server did not have a lot of players)

I am glad you enjoy our rules! It almost seems rare to find people like that.

Oh and Alex I will read the logs when I can.

~Deth V
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
grayscare0
FADW Admin

Post by grayscare0 »

Not sure everything will be on the logs; TTT is a game that demands voice chat, so of course most of it you won't be able to see. It wasn't really a matter of having one particular problem as much as it was having trolls come on with no way of dealing with them other than killing them on sight (otherwise they would just kill you and make you wait out the round).

On a completely unrelated side note, I didn't know this group was devoted to aspies and auties when I joined; I was just pubbing. Good on you guys for trying to make a nice place for such people to play though. They're made fun of way too much in most communities for no good reason.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Yeah... I think I'll have people post demos for those issues... We are short on admins at the moment.. so I'll be on the look out for some people.. looking into making them admins.

Well aren't necessarily devoted to aspies and auties... we just have this place as a home for them, as I myself have Asperger's syndrome.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
grayscare0
FADW Admin

Post by grayscare0 »

Just a heads up--I'm going to be posting the map list pretty soon. I have most of them categorized, but there's a few more I need to check out.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

OK, thanks!