Steam Summer Sales

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Steam Summer Sales

Post by Alex »

Now I believe this is my first ever "Venting and rants" post, but I feel like it's an important thing to talk about (I believe the summer sale of 2013 starts today/tomorrow).

Now every single year, Valve/Steam hosts a summer sale, where literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of games go on a discount up to 75% off. This counts for game packs, DLC, basically anything you're able to buy using the Steam platform.

And every single year, I'm broke. I'm impatient when it comes to money, as soon as I get my hands on money through my PayPal, I end up with this amount of money, in a matter of hours, days if I'm lucky:

And every single year, this stupid (it's sorta stupid) sale has games I've wanted for SO LONG, but I've wanted other stuff even longer. I ask other people if I can borrow money from them, but they can't lend me any, because they already used it on the Steam sale (OH THE IRONY). And while I always have some money in my pocket, it's difficult to transfer them over through PayPal (I don't have a credit card). The easiest way of doing so, is buying a prepaid Visa, then activating that through PayPal. It's still a pain.

Even with that in mind, as of right now, I'm in Thailand. Currently unable to even have the chance to buy that prepaid Visa, and that makes me sad. I want more games, even though I already have almost 200 games, and in total, they're worth around $2000. (Want proof? Check here or here or here. Not 100% trustworthy, but close enough.)

The Steam sales are addicting, in a way, and they have haunted me for the last 3 years or so just because of this fact. Of course, I earn YouTube money, but I *only* get that every month, around the 5th of the month. Next payment is August 5th (I presume). I can't wait that long, the sale doesn't last that long.

Now after reading everything I've said in this post, I believe this is more of a "I need money" rant rather than "I'm annoyed at Steam Sales" rant. Although, I am more annoyed at the Steam sales timing than I am at my lack of money.

rant/fin or whatever.
Cactus out.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Re: Steam Summer Sales

Post by hawkiee552 »

The #FirstWorldProblems is all over the place!

It's awesome to have birthday right before the Steam summer sale starts, now I've got $240 right in my pocket >:3

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Although, I'm not going to use those on the Steam summer sale, I think... I'd rather go for a 3DS XL.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

You can always use a tiny bit to donate to the "Alex Needz More Steam Gaemz" fund.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

I'm saving up.. Not going to spend anything on steam games.. I'm gonna cry when I see what games are on sale.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Alex wrote:You can always use a tiny bit to donate to the "Alex Needz More Steam Gaemz" fund.
You have enough games already, Alex, and you haven't even played all of them yet :P
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I don't care if I have many already. I NEED MOARRRR
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

You need to stop, Alex, you're addicted! D:
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

I save up whatever moolah I gain during the first half of the year with the steam sale in mind. This is the chance for me to buy a ton of games at the price of one (Full price)! If I actually decide to buy anything and don't lazy about going: "It'll get cheaper, trust me."
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I would too, if I was smart, but I'm not, so that's an issue.

As I said, I'm impatient with money and the internet, I always either waste them on something I will never use/play/consume, or something similar to that.

Sometimes I'm generous by donating to FADW or buying stuff to my friends, that doesn't happen too often.

I guess I'll start begging people to buy me this and that, and just pay them back later. Just put on my cute kitty-face.
LOL
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Alex wrote:You can always use a tiny bit to donate to the "Alex Needz More Steam Gaemz" fund.
I have like 28.00, I'll get you a gaim or 2, just tell me what you want.
What the.......Did I win?