FADW Mumble Server!

This forum will contain information and suggestions towards the Minecraft server that FADW has. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.
Alex
FADW Guardian

FADW Mumble Server!

Post by Alex »

A while back DA KID requested (I assume other people wanted it too, but I got the message from him) for us to get a Mumble server. Whether or not anything was planned for that, I still got one. It currently has a total of 15 slots, and is mostly for Minecraft server usage, since it doesn't have voice-chat (Also the reason this thread is in this forum).

It currently has 5 sub-channels, and I'm not sure if I have properly set it up yet (still learning a bit about Mumble and the servers and all, don't get mad at me :P), but I'll still let people use it.

Please only use the server if you plan to talk to people on the Minecraft server, and don't use it for other than server-related talk (by server-related, I mean, talk to people that are on the server, and not with your 'random' friends. Use Skype for that). Just because the slots are limited (I will upgrade slots IF NECESSARY).

Scratch whatever I said above, you're free to use it for anything FADW/community-related. I mean, talk to people from the community about anything, as long as you stick to our main rule: Clean language.

Anyways, enough rambling, here's the server info.

Server version: Latest stable - 1.2.4

There are two ways I've set up for you to connect.

One is going to decicus.com/mumble (<- that's a link btw). By going to it, your browser will ask for permission to open the protocol (asking to open up Mumble and connecting to the server) for Mumble, so that you can connect to our server.

The second one is if my website is down (which doesn't happen a lot, actually), or you're paranoid and don't trust me (lol), you can connect to this IP: 208.146.44.101.
Using this port: 23280.

The server should be up for AT LEAST 3 months, I'm currently paying out of my own money (even though I earn dem YOUT00B CA$H), in 3-month chunks.

So that's about it. Any questions? Feel free to ask me through the forums or on Steam (if I'm able to get online).

For moderators/admins: I haven't set up groups so you can kick/ban etc. yet, not sure how to properly do so, but I'm reading about server administration, so bear with me. :P

If you've read all the things above, thanks for not wasting my time. I will now continue my holiday (HAHA, YEAH RIGHT).
-Cactus out.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Soul
FADW Admin

Re: FADW Mumble Server!

Post by Soul »

I can help you with mumble permissions etc
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I'll ask you if I ever need help. As of right now, I think I got most of it up and going (at least for the time being). I just can't be bothered to work on it at the moment.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Oh you and your YEWTEWB CE$H :C

I call HEX on this one.
Get it? Hexadecimal, numbers, money. No?
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.