Political Correctness Rant [Politics, Leave if offended]

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Political Correctness Rant [Politics, Leave if offended]

Post by Nerd »

The following topic might be better placed under the Political / Religious Discussion section or something of the sort, but because I am just venting off about this I have placed it in the Venting and Rants section. Feel free to move it to the correct place if you feel otherwise.

Note: This rant is highly opinion based and I know a lot of you will probably get rather annoyed at me for posting from my viewpoint as it is rather controversial, but I don’t really care, I'm just venting.

Political Correctness in General

So, as some of you may know, I absolutely despise political correctness. I couldn’t care less about it, as it is a complete load of trash. For example, banning lyrics such as “Baa Baa Black Sheep” in several countries for being ‘racially unbalanced’. THE SONG IS ABOUT SHEEP. GET OVER IT. The song is about a black sheep and wool, which is supposedly racist against black people. Firstly, whoever banned this song knows nothing about sheep, and are, as the politically correct way would have it, “differently abled” (retarded [the slang definition thereof meaning ‘idiot’ or ‘stupid’]). I say this because the song is nothing to do with racial issues, just a simple fact that a black sheep’s wool is higher quality (can be dyed easier, etc) than a white sheep’s wool. WHAT’S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!?!??

And there are plenty more examples of insane politically correct thingys like this.

I am vertically challenged. No. Don’t call me ‘short’ – that might be offensive to me. Seriously, saying someone’s vertically challenged makes it sound like they have some lethal disease or life threatening physical disorder. It’s basically the only term regarding my height I hate being called. You can call me a midget, shorty, short, tiny, small and even ugly (though I don’t know how that relates to height) and I won’t care, but if you use political correctness to make it seem like I have some type of disease, you’re going to know all about it. WHY ARE THEY MAKING STUPID TERMINOLOGY FOR SUCH TRIVIAL THINGS!?

Political Correctness on FADW

I guess this is somewhat the trigger for my rant. The entire debate over the Jihad Bomb is completely irrational and kinda driving me crazy. I mean, if we’re going to account for the 'feelings' of Muslims, why aren’t we accounting for the feelings of Christians and other religions, which I guarantee there are a lot more of playing on FADW TTT. For this reason, as long as I hear people screaming “OH MY GOD” (which is probably a lot more offensive to a Christian than the term ‘Jihad Bomb’ would be to a Muslim) on the server, I couldn’t care less whether the bomb is called a “Jihad Bomb” and have the traditional “alalalalala” (or “Allah Allah Allah” as it might be) sound effect for the weapon. In fact I support having it because, after all, it is just a stereotypical joke and most of these bombing types of terrorists were extremist Muslims. The term "Jihad bomb" shouldn't offend normal, non-extremist Muslims because it has nothing to do with them as they aren't terrorists [in terms of bombing things etc], but it is still the correct terminology as extremist/terrorist Muslims would regard suicide bombing as their jihad. So there is no problem with it...

Please, if you’re going to be politically correct, at least be politically correct from all angles, and not just ignorant of the commonly said expressions (such as omg) that are just as offensive as the less common ones.

// End of rant... Just had to get that out there...
Last edited by Nerd on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
DA KID

Re: Political Correctness Rant

Post by DA KID »

Agreed. The jihad think was trivial at best and your point against Christians, would be even more offensive.
What the.......Did I win?
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Political Correctness Rant [Politics, Leave if offended]

Post by Alex »

I can agree with you that the term "oh my god" should be found offensive, but there is one particular reason why I originally changed the name from "Jihad bomb" to "Suicide bomb".

I don't personally care whatever the name of that bomb is, but when I looked up the word "Jihad", it stated that it was a word for an Islamic-religious act. Connecting that word with bomb, is what caught my eye at the end. You're basically saying that suicide bombing is a religious act done by muslims. Killing yourself while killing a lot of innocent people.

So in my own personal opinion (this is coming from an atheist). I find the term "Jihad bomb" more offensive.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

I really agree with Alex maybe I should petition it again to suicide bomb..... Or we could think of something up more creative than suicide bomb or jihad bomb right?
I love bicycling.
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

What about having it named "LALALALALLALLAALLALALLAAL--BOOM." .. Jk.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.