Anime/Manga

Have any other hobbies that don't fit any other forums and you want to talk about it? Post here!

Once there is enough of one hobby, There will be a seperate section made just for that.

This is also for the topics that have no place in the general community section.
sniper101

Re: Anime/Manga

Post by sniper101 »

okay i'm posting my anime cuz im reading the books of it and the video's lol

Letter Bee

Trying to catch up on the series and trying to find the video's for it and such lol
I love bicycling.
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Post by Nerd »

I watched the first episode or two of that (can't remember)... is the story any good for the rest of it?
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

ug its excellent i stoped beacause manga update's are so slow but other then that its good

Full name is tegami bachi
I love bicycling.
HomeBrew

Post by HomeBrew »

A nice, underrated anime is Jikuu Tenshou Nazca (which my avatar and signature are from). It's all about Peruvian culture, and how ancient Inca soldiers possess modern day japanese kendo students in order to exact revenge or what-not.

Also, incoming review.
KAKATTE KOI
HomeBrew

Post by HomeBrew »

For freshman year, I had to write a review about use of music in a TV show. Here's my assignment as I wrote it:

For this assignment I chose Cowboy Bebop, an animated series about 4 bounty hunters traveling the universe that juxtapositions futuristic space travel with underground jazz culture. CB covers such a wide array of subjects and has such a segmented story that it's almost impossible to assign a single theme to the series, but I think a satisfying, compact explanation is possible. When you get right down to it, CB is about memories: People must keep moving forward from their past while holding to what brought them to the point they are at now, being able to focus on what's ahead without forgetting who they are. [For future reference, the 5 characters in the picture are -from right to left- Faye, Jet, Spike, Ed and Ein.] All of the characters (except for Ein because he's just a dog) have to learn this lesson at some point in the series: Spike's goal throughout the plot is to rekindle the excitement and friends he had before he left the mafia, only to lose everything in that pursuit. Jet has to let go of his past as well, but also is rooted in his convictions in a world that has no room for integrity anymore. Faye, directionless, has to discover where she came from after being in cryo-sleep for 50 years, finding that all she had is gone now, and that her past needs to be left behind. Ed, in an attempt to find her neglectful father, discovers new friends and satiates her loneliness.

The scenes related to this theme are very potent in conveying their message. One particular place where CB performs this flawlessly is in episode 5, when Spike is hurled out a chapel window by the main antagonist. You'd expect some kind of tense music to start blasting as he falls in slow-mo, or an ear-ringing silence, but instead, this plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ukt4zwjaPo (make sure your volume is reasonable)

If you want to see the scene that song was used in, it can be found here (it's a little violent, though): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-jcE8kqK9k

This soft lullaby tells what this scene is really about; retrospection. It successfully takes attention away from Spike's peril. The directors know that you know Spike isn't going to die, so they use this comfort in developing Spike in a visually and auditorily sterile environment. The laid-back tempo accommodates his slow descent and juxtapositions with the relatively fast-paced memories that are spliced in seemingly at random. The music is memorable because the scene is composed well, but also because it shows the process spike has gone through in order to get to the point where he's at. The song -along with the visuals- is simultaneously demonstrating the futility of his endeavors while also showing why said endeavors are so important to him.
KAKATTE KOI
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Ah Breaking the Ice cus forum stale

So every Thursday A club called Anime club happens after school lol
And we watch and draw anime so yea lol
this Thursday is the first meeting!
I love bicycling.