Cracked Minecraft.

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Dergle

Re: Cracked Minecraft.

Post by Dergle »

Eh, I couldn't really care less how my friends get their games. Doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever.
I personally don't pirate games, but as I said, I'm not bothered by the methods that other people obtain their games, their choice.
I'm that Dergle guy.

Main Power
Processor: I5-3570k OC @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
Storage: 1x 120Gb Sandisk Extreme SSD, 1x 500Gb Samsung HDD
GPU: XFX Double D 7850
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

i got dat swagz and yolo, i can do wat i want my mothar sais i shudnt piraite gaims but i do it cause i have swag

If you didn't spot the bit of sarcasm in there..
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

I've played pirated games since I got into gaming. Started off with Counter-Strike 1.6 non-steam from*Censored* to play with my brother as I didn't have it on Steam until 2006. I couldn't buy it myself, I didn't even have a credit card nor did I have pocket money. My parents wouldn't buy it to me even though I did manage to save up to it, and it's quite obvious since the game was 16+ and I was 8 years old. Enough story time.

Almost every game that I've pirated, I've bought later in the past few years. I still pirate games today, but they are only games from EA or Infinity Ward (Call of Duty, oh god, good thing I didn't buy those games) because they rip your wallet apart and take all your money. I'm not joking, look at i.e Infinity Ward releasing another Call of Duty title that is almost the same as the previous one, and they demand 60 EUROS from us?! EA too, like the online-code for Battlefield 3, you can't sell your used game to another person unless you want to get 2-3 dollars for it because he/she can't play the multiplayer (for consoles).

Frustrating, it is. Companies like EA and Infinity Ward deserves to get pirated, they put such a small effort in making their games and demand huge amounts of money from us.

Edit: By Deth V, Don't mention where you got the pirated games.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

I personally don't ever pirate a game. I have no problem with someone who cannot pay for a game pirating it. I have no problem with people who pirate as a demo of the game. I do have a problem with people who pirate games because they want it for free. That hurts everyone who plays and everyone who pirates for a legitimate reason because then companies put on all this annoying DRM to stop those kinds of people. Which people get around so people can get the game for free. Then companies slap on more DRM. And so on.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Post by Nerd »

I would just pirate a game to see how it is. For example, Portal 2.. I had it for a bit, played through it.. liked it.. and so I bought it. Same with Minecraft, Terraria, Don't Starve etc. But if it's a game I don't like, I hardly play through the introduction and just delete it, because playing it would have been a waste of time and buying it would have been a waste of money.
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
Nopeful_Engineer

Post by Nopeful_Engineer »

Cracked Minecraft... I never liked that idea since multiplayer wasn't included. I was pretty bummed about that.
My brother and I shared accounts until late 2012, I bought an account of my own.

I have pirated games, i'm not gonna lie. Like what you guys were saying, I download the games and play them to see if their good or not. Although... maybe if they're good I might keep them...

I also check if my computer can run it, I don't think online specs work for me, I'd rather check myself.

I feel very evil whenever I download GOG games since it's drm-free.

I feel even MORE evil when I download modern games using cracks.

Ez crazy.
"Let's do this... Texas Style."
*shot*
"Nope."
I'm online around Tuesday and Friday, and the weekends!
Maxaroni

Post by Maxaroni »

Arrrrr matey, dont insult pirate.ru.com! NEVarrrrrrr.
Arbee's chickin nuggets, their so fine! Arbee's chickin nuggets will blow your mind!
SurfinRainbow

Post by SurfinRainbow »

I know, even though I've never pirated a game, where you all are coming from. It's pretty ridiculous getting a game demo and thinking "This sucks, I can't do [DUCKS AND RAINBOWS] without buying the game!"

I hope I can do something useful for you or something. Message me! =D