Don't know if allowed, but annoying for all players.

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
TheOnlyShare

Don't know if allowed, but annoying for all players.

Post by TheOnlyShare »

I honestly don't like it when people try to act like a mod/admin on the server. Usually, i'm OK with it if there are NO mods/admins on. But when there is one, it's really annoying. I don't know if this is allowed, I told a mod about it which I will not mention in this post. I have some screenshots that I will NOT be posting unless requested by a mod/admin. Anyways, I would want some feedback on it. Thanks.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Don't know if allowed, but annoying for all players.

Post by Alex »

It's not actually allowed, and most of us (I know a few have done it, including myself) tell people to not to. They still do.

I'm also fine with it if no admins/mods are on, even though I'm an admin myself and therefore if I'm on, there is an admin on, but I'm talking in a general perspective. I believe it's Deth's final decision of what we should do, to attempt to prevent people from doing this over and over.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I agree with both of you, players who aren't admins shouldn't act like there are for a bunch of reasons. However, why they do is understandable , usually the people who act the position are trying to prove to the admins/mods that they are ready to become an authority figure their self and be vouched for, because its hard to stand out of the crowd when you do the exact same thing as all the other regulars by waiting until the problem is resolved quietly. This doesn't make it acceptable, but I see why it happens, and why it will continue to happen regardless of what underlining rules get broken in the process. I think that adding a very minor punishment like 0-10 damage slaps might help the situation since it will re-afirm that this isn't something we allow.
Last edited by unicow2945 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Honestly the ones who act like admins I don't consider as much for admin as I do for other players.

Players who act like admins are an annoyance, I thought maybe it was fine allowing it when there's no admins on, however if it's getting to be a problem I am going to extend the rule to affect the server full time.

What I've noticed is generally the youngest regulars like acting like admins, and no one likes having 12 year olds acting like they have authority.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."