Ban on captain-vodka

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
Vodka

Ban on captain-vodka

Post by Vodka »

Went to join the server and bam! Banned. I have no idea what I could have done to get myself banned because I don't frequent the server and the last time I was there I never did anything wrong..
Any ideas for this?
And I'll just go ahead and leave my Steam ID just in case:
STEAM_0:0:25990311

Thank you.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Ban on captain-vodka

Post by Alex »

I don't know why you got banned, but I found the ban time and date.

You got banned permanently on April 9th this year.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

You were banned for trolling and server disrespect
[22:15:42] captain-vodka: Depressing to see an idiot who runs this game
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Seeing as how I'm neither a troll nor idiot I find that hard to believe. The only way I would ever 'troll' anyone is if they made fun of me for being a little boy and not being legal to drink (hence the name) and I would have gotten sick of that because that, and maybe a slightly pissy, because that isn't the case at all.
Actually, that's what I'm going to assumed happened but as far as disrespect goes I wouldn't have the faintest idea of what I did.
Either way, I'm just going to say it was all a big misunderstanding and apologize nonetheless less.
Sorry, but if the ban stays for what ever reason I guess that's okay too.
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

Seeing as how I'm neither a troll nor idiot I find that hard to believe. The only way I would ever 'troll' anyone is if they made fun of me for being a little boy and not being legal to drink (hence the name) and I would have gotten sick of that because that, and maybe a slightly pissy, because that isn't the case at all.
Actually, that's what I'm going to assumed happened but as far as disrespect goes I wouldn't have the faintest idea of what I did.
Quote:
[22:15:42] captain-vodka: Depressing to see an idiot who runs this game
No matter what way you cut it, that comment was very disrespectful. If you are angered when people question you about your name, it's in your own interest to change it to something that isn't going to cause situations like this in the future. I don't believe your explanation validates your comment, because you had complete control over what name you present through steam.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Yes, but to be fair that isn't the whole context.
People who 'run' the servers aren't technically mods or admins though. With that sentence alone the idiot in question could have been an RDMer. As in, 'idiots(like RDMers) run this server' and while that alone could be seen as disrespectful it is more of just an observation or blunt statement.

Also, unicow, I wasn't actually validating myself, I was just saying what might have happened because I really don't know. Without other text it's really hard to say what actually went on.
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

Well, without farther context it's hard to say more what has already been said. But I know from experience that when anyone says something along the line of "idiots run this server" they are referring to whoever is in charge as being incapable and dumb.
If there hadn't been a mod/admin on, then putting RDMers in the place of the mod/admin would be more probable. But, since there was, common sense would have me believe your comment was directed at mod/admin, not RDMers.
I don't believe your explanation validates your comment, because you had complete control over what name you present through steam.
Also, unicow, I wasn't actually validating myself, I was just saying what might have happened because I really don't know. Without other text it's really hard to say what actually went on.
I apologize for jumping to that conclusion, but I still don't believe you have given us enough reason to unban you without additional context in your favor.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

You said that after you got gagged by delusional. I aldo saw comments about that support the ban reason of you being a troll.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."