Is this weird?

If you want to talk about random things, this is the place, enjoy!
SurfinRainbow

Is this weird?

Post by SurfinRainbow »

I am a very singular person. What I mean by that is in real life, I usually do things alone, sit alone, and work alone. This all happened to me when I went to my new homeschool/part-time school. I mean, I usually was a really open person at my horrible, horrible public school district. I am here, too, but I'm also more of an alone person. I play games a lot because I can connect with people and relate to them and not have it be awkward… XD. But I think it has something to do with one of my boy scout troop members dying, everyone was affected by it. I became more self-dependent. And that's a good thing. I guess I became a little bit more serious (HA!) than I was, but I'm still really fun and not serious.

Okay. Time for the weird thing, I just wanted to get that all off my chest.
I HATE, ABSOLUTELY HAAATTE sitting next to random people at theaters, at the oil change place, ANYWHERE.

I cannot stand it.

I hope I can do something useful for you or something. Message me! =D
Soul
FADW Admin

Re: Is this weird?

Post by Soul »

Noop. I don't think I've ever sat next to a random person at a theater lol.
Internet-justice

Post by Internet-justice »

I am the same way. This year I really struggled to get over these habits, because they made me really sad and lonely.
You may know me as Mr. Braun
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

For myself it's pretty easy to connect to other people outside of the gaming community, but there is a bit of a difference. None of my friends (outside of the gaming community and except maybe 3-ext.) are gamers as well as I am somewhat new to the gaming world (January 2013 is when I got my good PC). Simply just go out there and adapt to how people are. Lots of people say "Just be yourself." But sometimes you need to bend that rule. Just try to adapt to how people act at your school. Slowly fit in until you made yourself friends with everyone. Then slowly move back into the "be yourself" way. Then you get to see who your REAL friends are.

This has been great tips with Markus.
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Markusmoo wrote:But sometimes you need to bend that rule. Just try to adapt to how people act at your school. Slowly fit in until you made yourself friends with everyone. Then slowly move back into the "be yourself" way. Then you get to see who your REAL friends are.
This is something I strongly believe against. Trying to adapt or "mirroring" personalities usually just causes a lot of trouble. You may be very lucky with your environment, Markus, but this is very risky and I would suggest not trying to fit in with someone.

Instead of trying to adapt, I would suggest trying to calm down your own personality. Learn a bit about the person you're trying to get to know before you start the slight introduction to yourself.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

lol me

there is like no one at the movie theater the fact that MD is a small place

and sitting randomly next to ppl in class is much better then at theater :L
I love bicycling.
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

Kyuenmaru wrote:
Markusmoo wrote:But sometimes you need to bend that rule. Just try to adapt to how people act at your school. Slowly fit in until you made yourself friends with everyone. Then slowly move back into the "be yourself" way. Then you get to see who your REAL friends are.
This is something I strongly believe against. Trying to adapt or "mirroring" personalities usually just causes a lot of trouble. You may be very lucky with your environment, Markus, but this is very risky and I would suggest not trying to fit in with someone.
Well I guess this could depend on who, we're talking about. Obviously you wouldn't want to go all emo for a friend but then go all hippie for another (Mood Swings). Hahahaha (Not sure if talking about Emo and Hippie could result in problems. Feel free to delete if so)
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

If you don't have your own personality, then what are you? Nothing. I'd rather be an outsider someone than a popular nothing.
Internet-justice

Post by Internet-justice »

Not everyone can handle the loneliness forever.
You may know me as Mr. Braun
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

I didn't say "Just stay alone, and have no friends for the rest of your life". What I meant is: A few good friends is better than many fakes.