Tonytonychopper Ban "Ghosting" Fine line

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
MrScarbearer

Tonytonychopper Ban "Ghosting" Fine line

Post by MrScarbearer »

This might not have much use, but I wanna try.

Today 06/14 around 12:30am we were playing on Dolls. I was an Innocent, Tony was a Detect and KJ was a Traitor. Anyway, Tony randomly dced from the game and he came back on right away. Anyway, he messaged me on steam and said he had DNA proof the KJ had killed someone but his game crashed before he was able to say it. By that point KJ and I were the only two people left. I had just received the message and when I got back into the game and turn to my left KJ was above me. We had a quick firefight and I ended up winning it. Not thinking it was a big deal I proceeded to tell them that Tony had proof on them before he DCed from the game. He then proceeded to get banned by shadow. I tried to explain all this to KJ and Shadow but they continued to just tell me it was ghosting. I understand the rules as much as tony does, he does not know I am writing this and I am not even sure it will do any good. I didn't tell them " hey I killed kj cause tony told me he had proof" Which I don't think was a big deal anyway. KJ shot at me first and I proceeded to kill him, we were the last two left. Regardless Tony and I are long time players. We met through this server and game and we only ever communicate on steam. I understand that ghosting is usually a perma ban, But Its not like we did any of this intentionally. KJ dying also had nothing to do with the information I received. I feel so bad for tony, I just told everyone cause I thought it was ironic how he got the proof then DCED yet again. I tried to explain this to both Shadow, Who I have a ton of respect for, And KJ. But they both refused to listen to me and banned him for two weeks. Again. I love this server and after trying to play on some others it really is the best. Tony deserves to be unbanned, he didn't even have the chance to defend himself. It was a huge misunderstanding and I hope it gets solved.
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Tonytonychopper Ban "Ghosting" Fine line

Post by Deth V »

I'll talk with my super admins about this.

Very fine line you did cross, I'd be open for an unban, however if you do break a rule like this again, it's very unlikely we'd unban you again.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Shadow's Crime
FADW Admin

Post by Shadow's Crime »

MrScarbearer wrote: He then proceeded to get banned by Shadow.
I didn't ban Tony. All of the work was done by KJ.
MrScarbearer wrote: But they both refused to listen to me and banned him for two weeks.
I didn't refuse to listen. I heard bits of it, but didn't respond because I felt like KJ would handle the situation.
After all, he was the one to experience it. The only thing I said about the situation was that the mod, KJ, made his decision on the matter and if you would like to discuss about it, visit the forums.
MrScarbearer wrote:Again. I love this server and after trying to play on some others it really is the best. Tony deserves to be unbanned, he didn't even have the chance to defend himself. It was a huge misunderstanding and I hope it gets solved.
Misunderstandings like this happen every once in a while. KJ should get a say in this to give us his opinion on the matter.
Anyways, I hope things work out for your friend.
Believe that beyond the Rain, there will be a New Day.
MrScarbearer

Post by MrScarbearer »

I apologize shadow, I did not mean to sound accusing or anything. I just thought I remember you saying the admin had spoken, which I knew KJ wasn't so I assumed it to be you.
KJ9898

Post by KJ9898 »

What Tony did was ghosting, he (as a player no longer alive and ingame) told a living player who a T was. With that said i have already talked to someone about what happened and, after thinking about it, recommended Tony getting a second chance. From here it is up to him/super admins to decide if he should be or not.
MrScarbearer

Post by MrScarbearer »

Thank you for the quick response KJ I will await the decision and let him know once they have decided. Again, I only said something because it was ironic and funny in my opinion, I wouldn't want to die because of ghosting and so I would never support that and i know he wouldn't either. I do see where you are coming from though and apologize. Knowing the rules more clearly makes it more understandable now.