Server needs to be updated

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
Internet-justice

Server needs to be updated

Post by Internet-justice »

The dev team decided the last update didn't break enough things.
You may know me as Mr. Braun
Soul
FADW Admin

Re: Server needs to be updated

Post by Soul »

Garry oh Garry.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

updated.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Internet-justice

Post by Internet-justice »

CHANGE IT BACK! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHANGE IT BACK!
You may know me as Mr. Braun
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

I wish... update screwed up so much :(
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

I have fixed almost all of my stuff. Turns out Gmod decided that it was too bored of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\markusmoo path and wanted to switch to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common path......................
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

The new SteamPipe version of Garry's Mod seems to have changed the path of the files. I recommend completely re-installing the game, just in case some things have changed to the part where you get glitchy stuff.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

I guess thats kind of good since the game will boot quicker as well as load maps quicker, but I never had problems with loading the game quickly or anything involving loading. But the only question for me is will it make the "Verifying Game Cache" quicker...? I take roughly 3mins for that to completely finish... -_-
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

It won't make the verifying game cache quicker. Verifying it means that it checks EVERY file that is in your Garry's Mod directory if it's the right file, or if any other file is missing. So, unless Garry somehow removes a lot of files, it won't go quicker.

It's unlikely that it will load faster though, I don't think it loads any quicker from the common folder than from your Steam username folder. Though, reinstalling will probably make you delete a bunch of unnecessary stuff that is in your Garry's Mod folder, thus making it load faster.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!