annoying youtubers

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
SurfinRainbow

annoying youtubers

Post by SurfinRainbow »

stolen intro here

DUUU HAI GISE MY NAME IS (insert name with lots of SW4GZ and Y0L0Z and 9589738 different leet speaks) AND TODAY WERE PLAYING (insert really popular game here) SO LETS GET STARTED (insert commentary mixed with vulgar speech and really stupid random screaming and just epic fails at the game because he/shes more focused on yelling yolo instead of playing here) OK GIZE D0NT FORGET 2 (insert horrible requests here, like rate comment and subscribe here) AND IF YOU ENJOYED THE VIDEO TELL YOUR FRIENDS (but i didnt enjoy it whatsoever.) K BYE
(stolen outtro)

I wouldn't be complaining, but recently I literally saw a guy who looked like he was trying to be stupid on a channel, and ruining a perfectly good game (KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM :D) for me. Please leave your thoughts on this- have a similar situation? post it here. K GUYS REMEMBER DONT FORGET TO RAIT COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE TO ME EVEN THO I NOT KNOW THAT YOLO IS BAD WORD MORE LIKE YONO LOL

PS: If you didn't understand any of the stuff that had all caps, it's okay, i didnt either.

I hope I can do something useful for you or something. Message me! =D
Soul
FADW Admin

Re: annoying youtubers

Post by Soul »

*cough*pewdiepie*cough*
CorruptedMotives

Post by CorruptedMotives »

I have a group of friends who are trying to get a gaming channel going, but all they do is upload Minecraft videos..
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
SurfinRainbow

Post by SurfinRainbow »

Im_Soul wrote:*cough*pewdiepie*cough*
Lol, actually I wasn't really thinking of him at the beginning but then I realized it fitted his description better. XD

EDIT: I dont understand why ppl find Pewdie funny. MAH NAME IS PEWWWWWWW DE PAIIIIIIIIIII
If that was all there is to making videos (meaning screaming and coming up with weird names and basically making the word "BRO" your own invention), anyone, even me, could do that. XD

Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

The gaming scene on YouTube is waaay too exaggerated. Personalities have turned into idiotic acts, and people just copy whatever game everyone plays. If you want to get a fanbase at all, you're going to have to start at a RIDICOLOUS production quality. People who can't achieve that usually just get to spamming the comment section on whatever channel with 1m+ subs. Which is wrong because of two reasons:

1: You don't earn your fanbase, you beg for it.
2: A fanbase which isn't introduced in free will, will not be a fanbase.

... rant/fin? Maybe I'll edit in some more once I get angry again.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
SurfinRainbow

Post by SurfinRainbow »

Well, kyuen, that's true about copying popular games- But seriously, popular games are good ones (except CoD)- What do you want them to do, play terrible games nobody enjoys? I play Minecraft a lot, and ROBLOX too, and I film it even though i have no youtube D: but Kerbal Space Program or something interesting like that should be played too, don't just do one game if youre having a gaming channel.

MINIRANT: Girls calling themselves "nerds"

Really, what's up with that? I saw this channel that was called "missgamergurlnerd", and I was like, wat? girl*… most nerds would not do that… "hey gise im a nerd lol" doesn't make you a nerd. Period. I usually call myself a nerd when people ask, but I dont just blurt out "GUYS IM A NERD" randomly… There's no need to brag about that.

Minirant end.

Sorry about that… I am just angry bout that. lol

Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

SurfinRainbow wrote:Well, kyuen, that's true about copying popular games- But seriously, popular games are good ones (except CoD)- What do you want them to do, play terrible games nobody enjoys? --

-- MINIRANT: Girls calling themselves "nerds"
Games don't go BOOM - popular at once when they get created. Take for example Minecraft. Back when I first tried it in InfDev, not that many people were playing it. I didn't understand much, and just derped around on the game from time to time until the day/night cycle and Alpha version of the game came. This is all pointing towards how I needed the help of a starter walkthrough back then, and I didn't think of it either.

Look at this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/paulsoaresj ... &flow=grid

Look at his first video. I wouldn't say Minecraft was an overwhelmingly "mainstream" game at that point. Paul was in the right spot, at the right time, on a game where many people were looking with confused eyes.

There are probably a lot of great games which hide in the shadows, and don't get the attention they deserve. There is the problem with marketing, platforms, maintenance, etc. The problem is: People are too hyped on the main trend instead of trying to make their own.

Let's look at it again in another metaphor. You want to go buy a bottle of coke. You go into a store, and over to the drinks department. You can clearly see the massive pile of coke bottles in the middle, and you go pick one. In the exact same moment as you pick it, four hundred guys bombard you with their own version of a similar soft drink, except the quality is complete DIRT.

It's also the same in music. Pop music isn't necessarily good music, and the people doing it for the money usually end up with music they themselves don't even enjoy.

aaand one more thing. Girls putting on a "nerd" image are usually massive hipsters. (Don't even get me started about them.)
Girls putting on a "gamer" image, going "gamer girl" USUALLY just want attention. (Don't get me started on that either, I could rant for hours.)

SO!.. For now!

RANT/FIN
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
SurfinRainbow

Post by SurfinRainbow »

paulsoaresjr is like my fav youtuber XD

Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

SurfinRainbow wrote:paulsoaresjr is like my fav youtuber XD
I used to love PaulSoaresJr... until I came across Etho. :P
But don't get me wrong I still really like Paul but his content is kind of going downhill, it feels to me.

Sorry kinda brought this forum post even more off topic :P